Senior Planner - IP SG
Apply now Job ID:
593349 Job type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Brisbane, Melbourne Categories:
Engineering (All disciplines), Project Management, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has a long history of delivering transport infrastructure projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of light rail, heavy rail, signalling, track and station works, rail safety technology, bridges and roads.
Reporting into the National Planning Manager - Infrastructure Projects, we have an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Planner to prepare detailed plans, schedules and work method statements for current projects. Pivotal to this will be to oversee and ensure compliance to Downer Project Control Standards across the projects within the region.ABOUT THE ROLE
- Prepare detailed plans and develop project schedules and related risks and opportunities for project works.
- Review project schedules with Bid Manager to submission as well as convert estimate plans and schedules for construction status with Project Managers.
- Review subcontractors' construction programmes and other 3rd Party programmes against the master Project Programmes and assess their impacts.
- Deal effectively and appropriately with subcontractors and estimating team members to obtain "best for project" schedules and plans.
- Manage & coordinate project/ client as required and attend meetings on site/ with customers.
- Interface with project stakeholders and assess the effects of deviations from the project programme at the earliest possible time, for evaluation and action by Project and Construction Management.
- Monitor and provide monthly reporting to Project/Construction Management.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Degree qualified, civil engineering or similar.
- Operational experience ideally working on site with strong estimating and project management planning and procedures.
- A high level of proficiency in the use of Primavera P6 project management and scheduling software to meet planning requirements.
- Strong initiative, self-sufficiency with the ability to build effective relationships across the board.
- Credible experience meeting deadlines and ability to collaborate to achieve positive outcomes.
HOW TO APPLY:
- We are all different. That is why Downer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture that promotes the skills and insights of all its people irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, ability, age or sexual orientation.
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment and a range of financial benefits to support your financial needs and to recognise your commitment to your work.
- Due to our company size, we are able to provide access to a variety of benefits at incredible discounts to support you and your family's lifestyle needs.
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
For more information, please contact Antonio Delle Donne - Antonio.DelleDonne@Downergroup.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.No agency CV's will be accepted or deemed an introduction.