Do you value safety and risk management and make it a priority just as we do? Are you motivated to work collaboratively in a team environment? Join Vale today. Continuously learn throughout your career.Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale in Canada. As a leader in the mining industry, our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities, and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland, and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.Our Team:
Our Sudbury Operations have been in existence for more than 100 years. With five mines, a mill, a smelter, a refinery, and nearly 4,000 employees it is also one of the largest integrated mining complexes in the world. Sudbury is also home to several administrative sites serving both the Ontario Operations as well as all our North Atlantic Operations.The Opportunity:
We are currently seeking a Supervisor, Production
to join our IPC Operations Department in Sudbury
. This is a permanent position.
Work Schedule: the role requires shift work (rotating days and nights).
Although previous experience in chemical engineering or an industrial setting is considered an asset, we also appreciate that diversity of thought comes from our differences – and that’s what makes us great!
In this position you will:
- Supervise the production work components of the FLP&S (Front Line Planning & Scheduling) business process.\t
- Work within budget, guidelines, and standards to execute Safety and Production Plans as established by the Superintendent or designate.\t
- Work collectively with peers and cross-functionally with colleagues in engineering, maintenance, and services to achieve the objectives of the plant.\t
- Carry out tasks as assigned by the Superintendent or designate to achieve the desired results within an agreed-upon timeline and end state.\t
- Ensures all work complies with stated procedures.\t
- Hold the team accountable for area safety behavior, housekeeping, teamwork, and professionalism.\t
- Must be able to recognize, prioritize, and understand the controls required to mitigate risks in the workplace.\t
- Foster a climate of safety, mutual trust, and respect among all members of the team and promote pride in work by looking after the workplace and equipment.\t
- Follow Vale’s Safety Policies, Programs, and Legislative Standards.\t
- Demonstrate commitment to the continued improvement of Occupational Health and Safety performance.\t
- Ensure that all the team members in the workplace take responsibility for aspects of the Occupational Health and Safety over which they have control including adherence to all Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
- College Diploma or a minimum grade 12 with equivalent experience.
- 3-5 Years of experience with chemical processing environments, including experience leading employees.
\tWhat we offer you:
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Office, and related software products. \t
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking ability.\t
- Demonstrate open and transparent dialogue in all aspects of work.\t
- Must be obsessed with safety and risk.\t
- Written and oral communication skills.\t
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work well with others in a team environment.\t
- Experience in the mining environment in production is an asset.\t
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience in supervising employees.
The Supervisor, Production
is a management position that will allow the right candidate to shape our mining operations as well as a team of direct reports. Additionally, Vale Canada offers a series of benefits including:
\tDifference Makes All the Difference
- Competitive salary\t
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans, and optional insurances)\t
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top-up for maternity/parental)\t
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth\t
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader\t
- Employee Family Assistance Program\t
- Online training and career development opportunities
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable being themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.ApplyDeadline to Apply: October 5, 2022Pay Grade: