South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
Following the acquisition of Arizona Mining, South32 is the new owner of the Hermosa Project, a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in Arizona.
South32's purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We work closely with their host communities to create enduring social and economic value through local employment, infrastructure and facilities development and community investment programs.
The location of this role is the Hermosa Project site near Patagonia, Arizona The Role
Manages and coordinates daily construction activities with skilled, technical, and staff engaged in construction of process facilities, surface infrastructure, roads, dams, water treatment plants, power infrastructure, maintenance and administrative buildings, and all other onsite and offsite infrastructure. Responsibilities include coordination of multiple contractors and subcontractors including: planning, scheduling, reporting, health, safety, security, environmental compliance, quality, community relations and meeting targets within budget and on time. Accountabilities
( Include but are not limited to) : Individual Accountabilities:
Qualifications, Skills, and Expertise:
- Manages the site construction contractors on a daily basis;
- Ensures that work is always executed in a safe manner;
- Ensures that S32 corporate safety and business goals are met or exceeded;
- Ensures that project construction activities and services are executed in conformity with S32's environmental policies and plans;
- Ensures that project construction activities and services are executed in conformity with S32's community relations policies and plans;
- Assist with the preparation of Sourcing Strategies for major works packages as required;
- Prepares daily, monthly and quarterly reports;
- Reviews and provides input to project construction schedules;
- Implement remedial recovery action as required;
- Ensures strict compliance with S32 Change Management processes;
- Ensures timely delivery of project construction services to internal stakeholders;
- Provides input to contractor risk assessments;
- Ensure that S32 Virtual Design and Construction initiatives are executed in accordance with applicable S32 technology objectives;
- Monitor VDC and BXP technology objectives utilizing the S32 approved VDC and BXP metrics;
- Coordinate work inputs from S32 Site Services;
- Works with Project Services to ensure that equipment and material deliveries are coordinated and ensure that Care & Perseveration requirements are correctly implemented and documented;
- Organizes and oversees the maintenance and safe, effective utilization of tools, equipment, supplies, and inventories;
- Assists with the compilation of construction documentation for upcoming work packages;
- Identifies contractor performance issues and works internal stakeholders to resolve issues;
- Ensures compliance with applicable regulatory and building code requirements including Federal, State, and Local;
- Ensures conformity with industry codes of practice and standards;
- Participates in the S32 site Quality Circles initiative;
- Ensures that all work conforms with the specified quality standards;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Construction Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or a Technical Degree (Construction or Similar) with appropriate Trade qualifications. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Visible field safety leadership and an ability to drive safety and performance excellence
- Knowledge of construction and trade practices
- Strong and effective communication and engagement skills
- Relationship building skills: demonstrated empathy, emotional intelligence and cross-cultural effectiveness with the ability to achieve consensus and build alignment cooperatively
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skill in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Drive company vehicle and be covered under company insurance
- Minimum 5 years of large-scale mining construction site management;
- Experience managing and coordinating both union and non- union craft labor;
- Experience managing and coordinating project logistics;
- Experience managing construction contracts and vendor services contracts;
- Experience working with teams and interacting with customers;
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting;
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture;
- Experience with Building Information Management systems;
- Demonstrated experience implementing Environmental Compliance obligations.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We're focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organization, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.Nearest Major Market: