Responsible for safety, environmental compliance, production, costs, quality, people and projects in the SXEW Operations Department.
- Provide safety leadership and responsibility in the SXEW Department.
- Know, understand, and enforce all applicable local, state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Ensure environmental compliance in the SXEW Department.
- Provide input to the SXEW Manager for developing the expense budget and capital forecast.
- Know, understand, and enforce all applicable local, state and federal environmental regulations.
- Monitor the day-to-day SXEW Plant activities.
- Meet and maintain copper cathode production targets at Silver Bell.
- Review and interpret plant data and make good operating decisions.
- Meet and maintain operating costs for the SXEW Department
- Responsible for all aspects of quality, including cathode quality, internal and external customer satisfaction, quality processes/procedures, quality equipment/tools and quality people.
- Direct and support the activities of direct reports, which include the four SXEW Shift Supervisors (and others, as deemed necessary, e.g., Leach Leadman).
- Develop/train/educate employees for future growth and promotion.
- Work in partnership with the Laboratory and Plant Repair/Plant Electrical Departments to optimize safety, environmental compliance, production, costs, and quality to make the SXEW Department successful.
- Work in partnership with the Mine and Engineering Departments, and all other Departments at Silver Bell, to optimize safety, environmental compliance, production, costs, and quality.
- Work in partnership with the Union to ensure effective and efficient plant operation.
- Effectively administer Department and Company policies and procedures.
- Help develop and implement capital and operating projects to improve the SXEW Operation/Silver Bell/Company performance.
- Fill in for the SXEW Supervisors in their absence.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have good technical knowledge of copper leaching, solvent extraction and electrowinning processes, or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate the highest commitment to health and safety.
- Must demonstrate the highest commitment to environmental compliance.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with employees, other supervisors and managers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Four (4) years of Leaching - SXEW experience or equivalent
- At least five (5) years supervisory experience
- A bachelor's degree in Metallurgy, Materials, Chemical engineering or a related field. Extensive plant and supervisory experience (more than 10 years) may be substituted.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is committed to helping employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen. ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage with 401(k) plan with company match.