WHAT DO YOU VALUE IN A CAREER?
At Agnico Eagle, our values never waver. We believe in trust, respect, equality, family and responsibility. Why? Because they express who we are and they have helped us succeed in business for over 60 years. WHAT DOES AGNICO EAGLE VALUE?
We value you
- your unique set of skills and experience. We value your willingness to build those skills and make a meaningful contribution to our company. And, we value your commitment to treat every person on our team with respect, helping us to operate safely, protect the environment and make a positive contribution to our local communities. ABOUT OUR OPERATION:
Agnico Eagle is always looking for new talented team members to join our Nunavut mining operations. We have been operating at Meadowbank, our first Low Arctic mine, near Baker Lake for over ten years. The mine produced its three millionth ounce of gold in 2018. 2019 marked the last year of production at the Meadowbank mine and has since transitioned to process ore from the Amaruq satellite deposit. With the official opening of the Amaruq Whale Tail Project in August 2019, the project is now referred to as the Meadowbank Complex. The Complex refers to the processing facilities and infrastructure at the Meadowbank mine site combined with the mining and infrastructure at the Amaruq site. YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE:
Reporting to the Mine Planning Coordinator, the Underground Mine Planning Engineer will perform his/her duties as a member of the Engineering Department and collaborate with other departments of the division.
The Undergro und Mine Planning Engineer is responsible for the design and planning of the 3-month rolling plan. They will link the mid-range plan with the short-range planning taking in consideration aspects such as: mine design, ventilation, mine services, construction, long hole stoping and other production-related projects. They will ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved, while promoting and respecting Agnico Eagle's culture, Health & Safety Code of Conduct and the environment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Create the 3-month mine plans and yearly forecast in collaboration with mine operations and other stakeholders.
- Assist the Long-Range Planning and budget generation. Act as relief coverage for Long-Range planner.
- Ensure that the short and mid-range planning are aligned with the long-range plan vision.
- Lead design review meetings for lateral development and general level design.
- Conduct studies and evaluate different scenarios to improve the ore tonnes generation from the mine.
- Verify and approve lateral development, ventilation, mine services, and construction layouts.
- Produce various KPI reports on project development.
- Conduct mine plan reconciliations and provide a clear action plan to improve the planning process
- Promote innovation and continuous improvement initiatives in safety and productivity.
- Other tasks as required.
Your Work Schedule
- Bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering;
- 3+ years of experience in underground mining;
- Professional designation (P.Eng.) in the Northwest Territories/Nunavut or another jurisdiction;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and mine design/planning software (Deswik an asset);
- Experience working in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and a positive attitude;
- Strong ability to effectively communicate in English (Oral and written). Selected candidates must attain a passing mark on a Speexx English language assessment.
- Schedule: Hybrid rotation. Flights departing from all communities in the Kivalliq region, Mirabel or Val-d'Or, Quebec.