- Opportunity to work for a global company
- Our culture is inclusive, exciting and performance-driven
- Role based in Labrador City
About the role
We are looking for a Construction Coordinator to lead, plan and coordinate the execution phase of a project during which construction occurs and involves safely and successfully delivering the project to the approved business case. Significant coordination, synergy and integration efficiencies exist between the engineering, procurement and construction elements of the work. The role will be based be based in Labrador City. Reporting to the Construction Superintendent, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating construction resources to complete the assigned scope
- Developing and monitoring the contractors' day-to-day job risk analyses processes
- Controlling variation orders to ensure that activities remain within scope
- Overseeing the work and monitoring the performance of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction
- Management resources, ensuring compliance contract specification & schedule.
- Implementing a project management team agreed schedule/plan
- Leading contracting partners, operations and other stakeholders to ensure productive collaboration exists
- Anticipating & mitigating risks to completing the task in accordance with required parameters
- Providing transparent reporting tools to demonstrate progress to plan and support required
- Providing technical support and direction to project stakeholders, building on and sharing the lessons learned
- Establishing and maintaining an organized, and well house kept/safe construction site
- Leading day-to-day activities of the execution team through contractor leaders or supervisors ; including risk identification and hazard controls reviews daily
- Completion of daily shift reports and construction site photographs
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Engineering degree or Technologist/Technician certification is preferred or other relevant combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in field execution supervision role, leading people and safe work.
- A minimum of 5 years in heavy industry
The following additional skills will be considered as key asset to the role:
- Experience in operational areas or roles
- Expertise in iron ore mining and/or processing and/or port and/or railway infrastructures
- Bilingual (French-English)
- Expertise in MS Suite
- Expertise in Primavera P6
- Expertise in SAP
- Expertise in Lean Construction
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers - generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium - the world's first to be certified 'responsible' - helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
We are a leading North American producer and exporter of premium iron ore pellets and high-grade concentrate with average iron grades greater than 66%. With a team of over 2,400 employees, IOC is committed to providing value and continuity for our customers, employees, communities and shareholders through our unique mine to port approach, taking advantage of our full integration and wholly owned infrastructure to deliver our high-quality concentrate and pellets to our customers across the globe.
IOC's operations include a mine with five operational pits, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant located near Labrador City in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. We also operate a wholly-owned 418 km railway, the Quebec North Shore and Labrador Railway (QNS&L) that links our Labrador operations to Company-owned port facilities in Sept-Iles.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome - they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.