(Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin Organization, is one of the world's leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment. You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. We offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
The Energy market is undergoing unprecedented change as the country strives towards a net zero carbon target. The sector must contend with high penetration of modern generation, transmission and distribution technologies, energy storage and prepare for the increased demand associated with the electrification of transport and heat as the countries progresses along the decarbonization pathway. As part of the Net Zero agenda, networks have a crucial role in delivering the renewable energy which is required to be connected.
This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of the energy sector, to deliver outstanding projects and be part of the solution to delivering Net Zero. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.Job Responsibilities:
Must have exposure to modelling in any one of following:
- Take responsibility of engineering of the assigned structures / foundation as civil designer.
- Model as per inputs and extract / check General Arrangement and Detail Drawings
- Coordinate with other disciplines and projects.
- Meet the project schedules on submissions of Civil deliverables.
- Ensure all deliverables comply with quality as per Client specifications and standards
- Interpret vendor drawings / other discipline drawings for Civil and structural deliverables requirements.
- Very good knowledge of steel structures, frames support.
- Thorough knowledge of International Building Code.
- Thorough knowledge of ASCE 7, AISC, ACI, AWC, AISI Standards.
- Structural experience within one or more of the following industries: oil and gas, chemical, biotech/pharma, food beverage, and/or mining minerals.
- Excellent communication skills have worked/Interacted with UK, US and other customers.
- Ability to create 2D Drawings (Plans, sections, and detail).
- Taking responsibility of engineering of the assigned structures / foundation Modelling as per inputs and extracting / checking of General Arrangement & Detail Drawings.
- Ensuring all deliverables are comply with quality as per Client specifications & standards.
- Interpretation of vendor drawings / other discipline drawings for Civil & structural deliverables requirements Technical / Domain Related Skills.
- Offshore Structures like Jacket/Top sides/FPSO structures
- Structures like Pipe rack / Pipe bridges & Process structures / Equipment support structures Equipment foundation such as Heat Exchanger, Vertical & Horizontal vessels / drum, Columns / Tower, Compressor & pumps Pump Houses / Lift station and Tank farm Control room & Substation buildings Roads & Paving, Storm water drains, OWS, CRWS, Cooling & fire water system Experience in production of deliverables such as General arrangement drawings for Civil & steel works, RC Detail drawings, Steel connection detail drawing, Review of Fabrication drawings, UG service lay outs & Isometric. Working experience in using Indian and any one of British or American standards for Civil & structural works on structural steel section & RC detailing is added advantage. Candidate must have good health condition meeting UK offshore health certificate norms for offshore travel and may require undergoing Offshore safety trainings like BOSIET, Travel Safety by Boat and Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS) Fabrication and Installation Experience related to offshore structures after completion of home office engineering will be added advantage.
As Senior designer your primarily role will be to act as a focal for E3D related projects and coordinate with counter parts on E3D modelling related activities.Your tasks will include:
Skills / Qualifications:
- Feasibility studies and preparing sketches for Drafting.
- 3D modelling (Steel structures).
- 3D modelling (Jacket, Piles, Caisson, Skirt piles, Pipe Catcher, Boat landing, pad eyes, conductors, raiser, clamps, V-notch, Mud mat, J-tube).
- Extraction of drawings from E3D using the draft module and develop the detailed drawing in draft.
- Steel Structure / Concrete GA's - Prepare / check.
- MTO / WCR preparation and checking.
- Preparation and checking of connections drawings.
- Guiding a team of Designers & Draughtsman and responsible for quality of work
- Checking of drawings/ documents with QA standards & procedures.
- Checking of IDC documents from other disciplines.
- Participate / Guide the team as required during feasibility studies, installation studies, model reviews including constructability, etc.
- Coordinate with Discipline Engineers / designers / draughtsman.
- Coordination with other Disciplines / Service area team members.
- Ensures efficient utilization of software in the team.
- Any other activities assigned by Lead or HOD.
- Assisting Senior Engineer / HOD in proposals, CTR preparation and manpower planning.
- When required act as focal for discipline specific projects / tasks / support.
- Implementing Lean in Projects.
- Estimating and preparation of structural Deliverables / Work package documentation.
- Specialist Designer in 3D Modelling and Detailing of Civil and Structural works.
- Must have worked in PDMS / E3D software in 3D Modelling and in MicroStation /AutoCAD 2D Drafting.
- Experience in at least one Oil and Gas project in Civil or Structural or UG Services.
- Must have sound Civil or Structural technical knowledge.
- Hands on experience on model review / Clash check in SPR / Navis Review platform is advantageous.
- Educational preference: D.C.E
- Experience level: 10 -12 years with reasonable offshore experience.
- Able to communicate in good English with other disciplines in an effective manner.
- Have patience to face work pressure and changes.
- Specialist Designer in 3D Modelling & Detailing of Civil & Structural works Must have worked in PDMS / E3D software in 3D Modelling and in AutoCAD / MicroStation 2D Drafting Experience in at least one Oil & Gas project in Structural Brown field modifications Must have sound technical knowledge in Structural Hands-on experience on model review / Clash check in Navis / SPR / PDMS platform.
- Must be able to work in a team with work share basis.
- Oil & Gas experience in upstream/downstream oil & gas, refinery, offshore/onshore, etc.
- Experience in both Greenfield and Brownfield projects.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in E3D modelling.
- Experience in Concept, FEED and Detail Engineering.
- Theoretical knowledge with good practical understanding wisdom.
- Well familiar with international codes and standards (ISO, AWS, API).
- Should be well versed with other discipline drawings such as P&ID, Piping GA, Isometric drawing etc.
- Expert level in E3D modelling who can be relied on all aspects of modelling related to equipment, piping and duct supports, penetration drawing, all jacket drawing, clash resolution, etc.
- Hands on knowledge of 3D Model review software like Navis.
- Experience in vendor drawing review, IDC of other discipline drawings & documents.
- Knowledge of other 3D Model software like PDS and S3D will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge / Experience of power plants & water projects will be an added advantage.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy.
SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.