Job DescriptionPurpose of Role:
SNC-Lavalin delivers professional services and project management solutions through six Sectors: Oil & Gas, Metallurgy and Mining, Infrastructure, Clean Power, Nuclear as well as Engineering, Design & Project Management.
All Sectors are present in multiple regions; to support the regions adequately, the IT function has IT Regional Senior Directors responsible to oversee all IT matters, i.e., IT Innovation, IT Application Delivery, IT Technology Delivery, IT Service Delivery and IT Business Relationship Management, in each continental region - AMER/EMEA/APAC.
The IT Business Partner
is required to develop an understanding of the business and act as a liaison between the Business and Global IT/EMEA IT. An in depth appreciation of strategic intent and tactical initiatives of the business will be required together with the ability to influence providers to ensure the businesses IT requirements are met.
Be recognized as the proxy for the IT leadership in the region and lead the IT Business Partnership in the region in a matrix environment with colleagues who have the Business Relationship Management responsibility implicitly in their role. E.g. Head of Service Delivery EMEA.
This key role is the central point of contact for Global Information Technology within the region and is a member of the extended Global IT Leadership team.Key Functions, Responsibilities, and Accountabilities:
EMEA Leadership responsibilities:
- Engage, establish, and build relationships with the key stakeholders in SNC-Lavalin EMEA, helping clarify their understanding of the value that IT can bring to the wider business community.
- Build and maintain a relationship with IT executives and directors.
- Reinforce various IT-related policies and communications ensuring an accurate understanding by all stakeholders in the region.
- Act as a communication and change agent when explaining the transformation journey IT has embarked on.
- Single point of contact for liaison with Business and Global IT/EMEA IT resources and suppliers.
- Assisting the bid process and leveraging IT as a service to help win work.
- Promoting the use and exploitation of IT and Identifying opportunities for how technology can assist in operational efficiency.
- Full understanding of business strategies.
- Appreciation of the business functionality underpinned by the core systems and provide input into decision making on initiatives.
- Pre-project business solution design and high level scoping in line with SNC-Lavalin Project Management Methodology.
- Build and maintain trust relationships with internal, external and outsourced IT suppliers and resolver groups.
- Communication with Global IT Organisation and Business at all levels.
- Managing the expectations of the business through effective communication.
- Input and guidance into technology aspects of business change/project requests.
- Awareness of competitor strategies, technology and of industry trends.
- Provision of initial project estimates for cost-benefit analysis.
- Managing service escalations from the business.
- Awareness of and directing projects towards desired IT strategies.
- Analysis of business initiatives to appraise risks and issues.
- Preparing business justifications and securing business authorisation for expenditure.
As a member of the senior leadership team within EMEA, it is expected you will have the following attributes:
Skills: Required -
- Demonstrable leadership qualities with the ability to operate at all levels from organisational leaders and influencers to C level Executives.
- Must have Excellent Communication Skills. Able to present to large groups engaging and adapting delivery to suit attendees.
- Ability to manage large and dispersed teams in a Matrix reporting structure comprising Global and Regional IT organisations.
- Confident, Positive and Proactive attitude with the ability to delegate / influence /prioritise/ deliver.
- Be expected to represent EMEA IT at senior level meetings across Geographical and Organisational Boundaries.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and an environment that is not fully structured.
- Able to work collaboratively with others to ensure successful outcome for the business.
- Articulate communicator (written and oral) with an unambiguous and consistent leadership style that translates effectively across both the business and customer base.
- Independent and proactive approach to business partnering, able to inspire confidence, manage expectations and meet the aspirations of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage strategic customer relationships involving diverse parties and personalities ranging from C-levels to individual contributors.
- Demonstrable experience of understanding and delivering IT services against business strategy and processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in uncovering and documenting customer requirements and issues, performing business process re-engineering, and proposing solutions.
- Ability to and comfort in challenging people's ideas in a constructive way.
- Ability to lead and facilitate a meeting that has clear objectives and resulted in a specific decision and well-defined action plan. Able to bring several individuals together from various teams (not necessarily all under line management "control") to ensure the best solution is given for the need.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Possess a strong sense of "delivery" and ensure that all commitments are honoured, and uses strong planning and organising skills to report progress and share exceptions to all the relevant stakeholders (development teams and customers).
- Co-ordination skills (or small project management skills).
- Capable and calm problem solver, able to inspire confidence at all levels by delivering under pressure.
Educational and Working Experience: Required -
- Experience in project planning and project management skills.
- Experience in business analysis.
- Experience in solution architecture.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in IT Business Relationship Management or related area.
- Minimum of ten years of exposure to IT concepts and solutions.
- Experience working in environment where IT is outsourced.
Meeting your needs:
- Experience as a regional IT director in large multinational corporation.
- Experience in the region.
- Experience in the Engineering and Construction industry.
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward"
, a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com) . Training:
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual's abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions. More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world. Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn's Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects. Additional Information: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability. Worker Type
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy.
SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.