Reporting to the Senior Engineer, this position will be responsible to perform mining engineering and survey functions for the Goldstrike Underground site. The site utilizes a owner miner and underhand drift-and-fill mining methods with cemented rock fill. Responsibilities:
- Production reporting of mine physicals, track site KPIs and evaluate opportunities for improvement
- Accountable for the mine design and mine planning, both short and long range.
- Complete regular audits of site to ensure compliance to standards and look for opportunities to improve efficiencies
- Work closely with geology/exploration to plan and complete exploration and in-fill drilling in advance of mining, and complete mine-to-mill reconciliation
- Responsible for the design and as-built layouts of all mine development and services for the Underground
- Creation and monitoring of site forecasts and budgets
- Provide focused review of site deliverables to ensure completeness, clarity and accuracy, preparation of presentations and reports as required
- Coordinate with mine operations to ensure plan compliance and to minimize disruptions
About Nevada Gold Mines
- Bachelor's Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of underground Mining Engineering experience (3 plus years are preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles and a demonstrated knowledge of US engineering standards and mining regulations
- Strong presentation and verbal skills. Able to communicate ideas and recommendations in both written and verbal forms across all levels of the organization in a clear manner
- Excellent time and productivity management skills
- Excellent computer skills including: Microsoft Office, Vulcan, Deswik, Ventsim.
- Proven ability to perform in a safe and efficient manner
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.