Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you! Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer at our Carlin Process operations.
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. Responsibilities:
- Execution of all aspects of small and medium sized projects, including planning, justification, design, approval, construction, and commissioning
- Assist in managing all aspects of a project from scoping, prefeasibility, and feasibility to execution, including construction and commissioning
- Forecasting of costs for projects
- Assist in providing design input to engineering consultants
- Assist in coordinating efforts internally within Nevada Gold Mines during planning, design, construction, and commissioning
- Assist in completing in-house design for improvements of the appropriate size and complexity
- Initiate regular communication with operations, environmental, safety, project sponsor and stakeholders
- Assist in procurement of equipment, supplies, and contracts
- Ensure projects are designed and constructed with safety being the highest priority
- Proactively manage project to achieve quality, schedule, budget, and safety
- Utilize project life-cycle tools to track and record project performance
- Inform management of schedule, costs, quality control, document control of any issues which may arise during the project life cycle
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Can Offer You
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience in project management is preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Structural, Reliability, or Electrical Engineering or related engineering degree or experience is preferred
- Project Management knowledge is preferred
- Knowledge in mineral processing operations and construction is preferred
- Experience with managing contractor and contract management is preferred
- Competence in MS Office is required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment is required
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of this job is required
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.