Closing Date: September 28, 2022
Reporting to the Mill Maintenance Supervisor, Welders are responsible for repairing and maintaining site structures and equipment in a shop or field environment.Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Maintain and repair site structures and equipment in all areas of the Mill.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operate welding equipment, flame cutting, hoisting, and lifting equipment.
- Troubleshoot production problems and take preventative or corrective action.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Journeyperson (certified)
- British Columbia – Red Seal & Welder “A” Ticket or Specialty Metals
- Alberta – Red Seal
- Or equivalent if from other provinces
- BC PWP 7 is an asset.
- Minimum four years’ welding experience in an industrial environment.
- A valid driver’s license (minimum BC Class 7N) or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be willing to work shift work: two twelve-hour day shifts followed by two twelve-hour night shifts and four days off.
We offer the chance to live and work in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities, such as hiking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all of the comforts of city living. The mine site is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small town community atmosphere.
Permanent full-time tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Retirement Package
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2020, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eleventh straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResourcesJob Segment:
Coal Mining, Sustainability, Social Media, Mining, Energy, Marketing