October 5, 2022
Reporting to the Technical Superintendent, Maintenance Engineering, the Mechanical Engineer is accountable for providing their assigned business area with guidance on the integrity of equipment, risk assessments for repairs, and well-defined repair scopes for work that requires technical expertise beyond the skills of the supervisor, trade, or planner roles.
Join us in the welcoming community of Trail, situated in the beautiful West Kootenay region of southeastern British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it’s biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone.
This position offers a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off and comes with a competitive pay and benefits package. Come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage the business area 5 & 20-year Major Maintenance and Capital Project portfolio
- Write Risk Based Business Assessment (RBBA) documents for proposed Major Maintenance and Capital Projects
- Build scopes of work for Major Maintenance and Capital Projects with sufficient detail for budgeting
- Manage design changes to equipment stemming from approved actions identified through failure investigations or assessments of chronic equipment identified in Trail’s Bad Actor process
- Conduct equipment condition assessments and create corrective actions for repair
- Support the asset integrity and asset renewal components within Asset Management Plans
- Execute engineering studies progressing through stage gate 1
- Execute the Management of Change (MOC) process for modifications to equipment design
- Builds commissioning plan as part of major maintenance and emergency repair scoping
- Supports the procurement process for non-standard or specialty parts
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a specialization in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- 4+ years of work experience in mining, smelting, refining, or similar heavy industrial facilities
- Eligible for, or working towards, registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Strong communication skills as well as effective interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent computer skills and proficient with MS Office
- Municipal utilities experience and familiarity with CMMS systems is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Mechanical Engineer, Coal Mining, Maintenance Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Mining