October 5, 2022
Reporting to the Technical Superintendent Asset Planning, the Asset Strategy Engineer is accountable for improving and sustaining the reliability of Trail Operations operating plants through the development and implementation of asset strategies for key equipment asset types.
Join us in the welcoming community of Trail, situated in the beautiful West Kootenay region of southeastern British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it’s biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone.
This position offers a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off and comes with a competitive pay and benefits package. Come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop asset strategy profiles and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure a holistic perspective
- Define operating parameter considerations
- Apply Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles to define functions, functional failures, failure modes and failure effects
- Identify a combination of preventative maintenance (PM), predictive maintenance (PdM) and Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) appropriate for the specific failure modes
- Support the reliability and maintenance engineers implementing the strategies with suggestions on how to optimize performance, cost and asset risks by applying different options
- Create, revise, or improve scope and content of asset strategy documentation
- Provides guidance to new employees, co-op students, EITs, and plant personnel
- Influences Business Area Managers and Superintendents, Group Leaders, Coordinators, and plant personnel about reliability related matters
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in a relevant field
- 10+ years of experience in mining, smelting, refining, or similar heavy industrial facilities including specific reliability engineering experience
- Eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Knowledge of risk management and reliability principles, methodologies, and technology
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Advanced Excel)
- Experience with data analysis, statistics, and modelling and familiarity with PowerBI are an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Data Analyst, Risk Management, Temporary, Mining, Data, Finance, Contract