Closing Date: October 3, 2022
Reporting to the Manager, Environmental Operations, the Senior Lead, Environmental Management System (Known at Teck as Senior Lead, Environmental Performance) is responsible for the implementation of an environmental compliance and performance improvement strategy across our Coal Operations in British Columbia and Alberta. Initially, the role will focus fully on the development and implementation of environmental compliance corrective action plans. The role will transition into the implementation of an overall environmental performance strategy.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong leadership skills. The person has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and can build relationships across all levels of multidisciplinary teams. Strong abilities in thinking critically and finding solutions, as well as provide strategic direction, would be important.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead, supervise, and coach a regional team
- Provide senior strategic direction on the development and implementation of environmental compliance corrective action plans
- Develop and implement continual improvement plans related to corporate HSEC Management Standards
- Regular reporting on progress against environmental key performance indicators
- Interact with regulators, local Indigenous Nations, and with senior mine personnel to advise and resolve issues
- Develop and implement regional initiatives to support ongoing operations future development projects in the Elk Valley
- Understand, interpret, and provide senior strategic direction on existing and emerging federal and provincial regulations
- Mentor and develop team members in areas such as basic incident investigation and detailed risk assessments; ensure progressive development plans are in place
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree or diploma in Science or Engineering, in an environmental-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum ten years of demonstrated ability in progressive operational management leadership roles, large project management, and expertise in environmental management
- Technical knowledge and demonstrated experience in compliance and environmental management systems
- Excellent knowledge of provincial and federal regulatory approvals practices, legislation, and regulations, especially within British Columbia
- Experience in engaging and collaborating with Indigenous nations, regulatory agencies, and other communities of interest
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Compliance, Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, Mining, Legal, Engineering, Energy