Closing Date: October 12th, 2022
Reporting to the Projects Director, the Senior Lead, Projects Services, is responsible for reviewing and providing project services support to the Water Quality and Projects team to achieve the Sustainable Development framework goals by supporting project scheduling and cost control to provide consistent delivery of projects in Teck Coal’s Sustainable Development portfolio.
To be successful, we are looking for someone who can provide leadership, technical direction, and decision-making support with the ability to build positive relationships with multiple internal stakeholders. Excellent mentorship skills, organization and critical thinking skills would be vital for success.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the growth of Sustainable Development projects by providing accurate project schedules and forecasts. You will have the chance to collaborate with leaders and project managers to provide project controls, contractor supervision, and advisory services.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Collaborate with the Sustainable Development project execution teams to define projects schedules including key milestones and critical paths
- Work with project managers to develop project cost management including forecasting and tracking
- Support budgeting and other business planning activities through accurate cost management
- Plan, organize and direct the Sustainable Development Project Services team to execute requests including project schedule, and resource tracking
- Provide Sustainable Development project portfolio status reports
- Provide project advisory support to execute work or support the project planning process
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree or Diploma in a related field
- Minimum seven years’ experience in project scheduling and controls in an industrial environment preferably in mining
- Proficient in a wide range of scheduling and cost controls software
- Experience with projects and construction in environmentally sensitive and remote areas
- Experience with projects related to improving water quality, water treatment and/or fish and fish habitat is an asset
- Knowledge of or experience with regulatory process is an asset
- Project Management Professional designation is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Wastewater, Sustainability, Water Treatment, Coal Mining, Engineering, Energy, Mining