At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture - the "First Quantum Way".
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That's how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations. Job description:
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
The Contracts Administrator will provide support to the Commercial Department - Contracts & CatMan Area, on the execution of the transactional activities related to the contracts administration and general administrative support required by the Procurement Supervisor - Services.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in Industrial Engineer, Business, Administration is preferred or high level technician.
- 2+ practical administrative experience preferably in commercial or Supply Chain environments.
- Ability to effectively manage large amounts of information and data.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Knowledge of any ERP system and JDE Oracle would be beneficial and will be advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application.
- Knowledge of administrative practices.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) and is required and proficiency in Spanish highly regarded.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Conduct the Service Acceptance process:
- Monitor the submissions of the periodical contractor's progress payment claims.
- Follow up the Contract Owners and Procurement and Contracts Officers on the approval of the contractor's progress payment claims.
- Timely and accurate issue of the services receipts in Cobre Panama ERP (JDE) ensuring that the appropriate support documents are maintained.
- Deliver to the contractors the approved service acceptance documents for invoicing purpose.
- Coordinate and resolve with Contracts Officers, Contracts Owners and Finance Accounts Payable team any issue raised during the Service Acceptance process.
- Provide support and guidance to the Contractors and Contract Owners regarding to the service acceptance process.
- Ensures receipts data accuracy and integrity throughout Cobre Panama ERP (JDE).
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama, Company's policies and guidelines and in particular the Contracts area guidelines.
- Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Unquestionable business integrity.
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site and the position is offered to be located on Site, however due to the current COVID-19 conditions, the personnel will be allowed to work from home in "tele trabajo" scheme or at the Company's office in Panama City o Penonome City as per Contracts Superintendent instructions, which can vary from time to time. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Cobre Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.