At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture - the "First Quantum Way".
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That's how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations. Job description:
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
Provide expertise and hands on training to the mechanical maintenance team at dry plant, including primary- and secondary crushing, conveyors and stockpile reclaim, to ensure optimum plant availability and performance. Provide innovative engineering solutions and develop strategies for plant optimization. Substitute superintendent crushing and conveying and supervisors if needed.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or related Trade Certificate.
- Minimum of 8+ years' experience in a maintenance role; 5 years of which should be in Senior Supervisory capacity.
- Strong leadership, motivational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills to identify and understand efficiencies to recommend and implement improvements and changes to maximize operations.
- Strong understanding of maintenance process improvement and control strategies.
- Strong understanding of technical, production and maintenance strategies for large-scale, continuous operating mineral processing plants.
- Knowledge and proficiency with JDEdwards or other enterprise systems.
- Fluency in English and Spanish highly regarded.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Provide in depth guidance related to departmental maintenance requirements, specific to machine operation dynamics.
- Provide technical and supervisory support for the Crushing and Conveying maintenance personnel on a daily basis.
- Assist in the development of safe working procedures and actively participate in HSE initiatives.
- Assist Supervisors with routine workplace inspections.
- Ensure team members work in compliance with Health and Safety Requirements.
- Coordinate planned and unplanned corrective actions as well as improvement initiatives.
- Transfer knowledge by coaching and mentoring while being hands-on using good engineering practices.
- Share technical knowledge with team to ensure tasks are executed in a safe and timely manner while being to the expected optimum quality.
- Ensure that scheduled requirements are communicated, committed to and achieved.
- Determine priority works and resource requirements within planned and unplanned tasks.
- Use greater fault-finding analytics to reduce reaction- and downtime.
- Ensures operational expectations are met through equipment availability.
- Provide team with leadership, information and technical direction required to ensure that maintenance is undertaken in a time efficient manner ensuring equipment reliability and availability.
- Constantly provide guidance to improve ease of maintenance and thus increase.
- Support the development of technicians through formal and informal training.
- Ensure standardized work take place across the mechanical maintenance fields.
- Monitor and report on the performance of equipment to identify and initiate development opportunities.
- Promote a positive employee environment ensuring a continuation of a solid working relationship with all employees.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.