At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture - the "First Quantum Way".
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That's how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations. Job description:
First Quantum Minerals is one of the world's biggest mining companies, employing over 20,000 people.
Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation is our flagship operation in Australia. Located on the beautiful south coast of Western Australia, we're just 20 minutes from the coastal community of Hopetoun. As a major nickel producer and exporter, we aim to ship up to 30,000 tonnes of nickel concentrate each year via Esperance Port.
Working on an 8:6 continuous roster and reporting into the Electrical Maintenance Supervisor, you shall be responsible for providing the highest quality services, all services are to be performed within a timely manner.
Tasks include installation, maintenance, and repairs of electrical and instrumentation wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with the relevant Australian and mining standards and regulations codes.
This is a complex and challenging operation. The circuit and areas are typical of a hydrometallurgical process plant.
- Ensuring that all electrical and instrumentation maintenance is carried out in a safe and efficient manner, to assure maximum reliability and uptime
- Meeting set work targets for daily work group activities in accordance with applicable policies and procedures
- Achieving results through prioritising activities, delegating and monitoring the progress of assignments, and holding yourself accountable for the results
- Motivate yourself and others in overcoming obstacles and achieving goals.
- Planning & assisting in laying out of work on new projects
- Ensuring 100% plant availability at all time
- A proven ability to work with other disciplines to achieve minimal disruption to plant operating times
- Maintain good Fieldbus installation standards to ensure on-going reliability of Fieldbus system
- Ensure that data displayed on the DCS system corresponds with the calibration of field Instrumentation to the required resolution and accuracy as laid down by the
- Company's calibration procedure
- Capable of fault finding all Instrumentation control loops
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- High Voltage Ticket Preferred
- Must possess a current WA electrical worker license - A grade
- Must possess an electrical trade qualification
- Certificate IV Instrumentation certificate
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in large mining operation
- Proven experience with all electrical preventative maintenance, unplanned repair & installation tasks on plant & camp equipment
- Valid WA driver's license
- Current EWP & confined spaces tickets preferred
- Ability to multi-task & work well in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communications skills
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.