Experience more opportunities
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
As our next Heavy Diesel Fitter to proudly represent our Maintenance Team, you will live for challenges and thrive on the variety of work available. Like all of us at Thiess, you're a passionate and energetic person, that appreciates responsibility, recognition and reward.
In this role, you will:
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of mobile fleet and other equipment in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Completing general maintenance, breakdowns, services and component change outs to a high standard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer bases systems
- Setting and maintaining high housekeeping standards
- Carrying out pre-start checks
What Thiess can do for you
- Trade qualification as Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years post trade experience in the mining or Heavy Earth Moving induction
- Experience in general maintenance, breakdowns, component change outs and servicing of CAT and Hitachi mobile equipment
- Experience in vehicle air conditioning systems (desirable )
- HR drivers licence (desirable)
- Proven compliance and commitment to health and safety at all times
- Permanent full-time positions
- Full camp facilities provided
- Thiess' commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options - Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program - earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.