Experience more opportunities
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
As our next Leading Hand HD Fitter to proudly represent our Maintenance Team, you will live for challenges and thrive on the variety of work available. Like all of us at Thiess, you're a passionate and energetic person, that appreciates responsibility, recognition and reward.
In this unique position, you'll have the chance to take on a range of maintenance activities and supervision at the project. If successful, you will be given the chance to showcase your skills in a company that values them, and actively looks to develop its people to be even more successful in their careers.
In this role, you will:
- Leadership of skilled mobile maintenance team following managers and supervisors directives
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, and computer based systems
- Provide technical information to staff and operations personnel
- Source and requisition parts and / or equipment requirements through the appropriate manuals or publications using the correct ordering procedure
- Verify the implementation of solutions and/or control further non-conforming machinery until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
What Thiess can do for you
- Cert III in Heavy Diesel Fitting or equivalent
- At least 5 years mining experience with exposure to leading or supervision of mobile maintenance HD Fitters
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams
- You will also need to possess a high regard and practice of health and safety at all time
- Permanent full-time positions
- Full camp facilities provided
- Thiess' commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options - Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program - earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.