With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
The Superintendent OHS will be responsible for monitoring the implementation of safe systems of work across all areas of the project, reviewing and documentation in place for compliance to TSE systems. You will also be responsible for managing and coordinating all environmental activities so as to maximize productivities in the most costs effective manner and to achieve production targets while ensuring that a safe professional environment is maintained.
In this role, you will:
- Assist Project Manager to monitor the established safety program and systems at project
- Develop project safety audit program, conduct audits, follow through and provide assistance on audit outcomes.
- Develop an environment management system (EMS) for the site that conform to the requirements of ISO14001 the Company, Clients and the Regulatory Authorities
- Maintain the EMS to remains effective for the operations and meets changing requirement.
- Monitor the safe and efficient operation of the business work processes through proactive management of the employees, procedures and process.
- Comply with all applicable health, safety and environmental laws, regulations and statutory obligations at all times.
- Conduct inspections of company facilities, to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective actions have complied with the regulations by providing information, signs, posters, barriers and other materials to warn hazard or potential hazardous work environment.
- Prepare Monthly Safety, Health and environmental management report.
- Maintain general site data safety (risk assessments, Hazard report, Incident report corrective action, audit corrective action, Job Observation, Tahan).
- Advise the Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents and Supervisory Staffs on overall safety in the workplace and providing direct support as necessary in supporting their safety responsibilities.
- Conduct regular inspections of workplace to monitor the observance and implementation of safety standards and take corrective measure as required.
- Bachelor/Diploma Degree in mining OHS and/or Environmental
- Minimum 10 years in Mining Industries
- Experienced in managing environmental issues in Indonesian Regulations.
- Demonstrate your understanding on OHS Management and environment management system
- Good English communication (verbal and written)
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.