With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
The Specialist Contract will be responsible for managing contract functions and coordinating contracts administration activities for tender and awarding process, respond to contract performance issues, contribute to Thiess corporate objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Review tender and contract documents to ensure the necessary term and conditions are all incorporated.
- Analyse all required analysis to ensure it is the most favourable option to the Company.
- Ensure all tender process and contract award are in compliance with company procedure and completed on time as agreed on Request for Contracts form.
- Manage and coordinate the flow of information concerning contractual appointments, termination and contractual related correspondence to suppliers and sites
- Respond to contract inquiries from clients/sites and other departments.
- Periodically review operational procedures to assure maintenance of confidentiality of both document files and data systems
- Liaise with Project and Ops Managers on any contractual issues
- Negotiate with suppliers on contractual dispute
- Monitor Supplier & Subcontractor performances during contract period (6 monthly subcontractor/supplier evaluation reports)
- Graduate from Bachelor Degree of Business Administration, Economy, Civil, Mechanical and/or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in contract related and in Procurement Contract area.
- Good Problem Solving, interpersonal and communication skills, time Management, planning and organising, customer service, teamwork, negotiation.
- Good English communication (written and oral)
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We're committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.