is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Performs duties related to the operation of heavy equipment in support of production including de-watering, materials delivery, maintaining berms, and surface maintenance at a skilled level.
- Operates heavy equipment which may include but is not limited to: haul trucks, water trucks, rubber tire dozers, track dozers, excavators, motor graders and front-end loaders
- May assist with training and mentoring of other equipment operators
- Responsible for understanding changes to assigned work areas and any potential hazards
- Responsible for knowing the following procedures: start-up and shut-down, parking, mounting and dismounting, Lock-Out Tag-Out Try-Out (LOTOTO), emergency, fire, working with ground personnel, and Blue Stake
- May perform the following duties: road building, managing stockpiles, road surface maintenance, building and maintaining road berms, loading trucks, and trenching
- Responsible for understanding equipment components and practices that reduce component damage and wear
- May perform operations support activities such as barricading shovels and assisting with power cable moves
- Performs pre-shift inspection of equipment
- Communicates through computer dispatching system or two-way radio
- May perform minor maintenance activities
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Six (6) months of mobile equipment operating experience
- 3 years operating of operating any combination of the following equipment: D11T or D10 dozers, 950G, 950H, 966F, and/or 988G loaders, 140, 160M, 16H blades, and/or 345C, 365C, 374D, 374F excavators
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on uneven work surfaces and work on elevated platforms
- Frequently may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the work day
- May be required to work a non-standard schedule which may include shift work (other than day shift) in a 24/7/365 operation
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and, as needed: respirator, rubber steel-toed boots, gloves, fall protection, protective clothing, goggles, face shield and other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug/alcohol testing as allowed by state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Tucson Job Segment:
Front End, Inspector, Electrical, Technology, Quality, Engineering