is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Employee who under direct supervision safely performs duties related to the production of copper and/or molybdenum concentrates in the Mill.
- Support and complete duties within the Mill which could include tasks within the following areas: fine crushing plant, COB, ball mill, roughers, cleaners, flotation cells, moly plant, copper moly thickeners, tailing thickeners, etc.
- May assist with or be responsible for taking process readings and making any necessary process changes
- May assist with or be responsible for proper and safe handling of process reagents
- May perform start-up and shut-down of plant or related systems
- May assist with and perform procedures such as
- Switching pumps and taking densities;
- The concentrate loading process which may include weighing and loading railcars, maintaining the concentrate shed, and communicating with various departments regarding railcar movement;
- Regular work area and safety audits
- May operate mobile equipment such as: front-end loaders, forklifts, skid-steer loaders, and overhead cranes
- May use online electronic process monitoring system to monitor conveyor and plant systems and equipment
- Perform area housekeeping duties
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Three (3) months experience in one of the following areas:
- Industrial Operations
- Commercial Construction
- Commercial Landscaping
- Commercial Agriculture
- Must have completed academic and practical competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees where LOP Exists) and have experience demonstrating the required aptitude. The selected candidate shall demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills while also passing a written assessment where required. This exam is based on skills/abilities and/or academic knowledge; as well as safety.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures and applicable safety standards
- Knowledge of the wet grind system and flow systems through mill and floatation area
- Knowledge of the filtering and drying process
- May be required to complete HAZMAT training as required by Department of Transportation regulations
- Knowledge of placard system to accurately identify hazardous materials
- Knowledge of environmental policies and responsible for reporting any issues and/or concerns
- High School diploma or GED
- This is a Safety sensitive role
- May be required to work a non-standard schedule which may include shift work (other than day shift) in a 24/7/365 operation
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Las Cruces Job Segment:
Front End, Technology