is the world's leading producer of molybdenum and has a long, successful history of doing business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner. We have operated in Colorado for more than 100 years and today have mining and milling operations near Leadville, Kremmling and Empire. Our Climax mine is located between Frisco and Leadville. Our Henderson mine and mill are an hour's drive apart - separated by the Continental Divide and a 15-mile conveyor system (10 miles is underground). The Henderson mine is about 50 miles west of Denver and 10 miles west of Empire, and the mill is located between Dillon and Kremmling.
Climax Molybdenum has the assets, drive and financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers. Take time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at one of our sites - the Climax mine and the Henderson mine and / or mill. Live life at the top!
Under general supervision, assist in and support the identification, assessment, reporting and correction of workplace environmental factors, unsafe conditions, and behaviors at assigned site.
- Assists in collecting industrial hygiene samples of air, vapors, gases, dust, fumes and other potentially toxic materials for analysis
- Assists in performing exposure assessments, analyses of operational procedures, audits, and incident investigations
- Develop a current knowledge of Company, OSHA, MSHA and other regulatory standards
- Assists in the care and maintenance of industrial hygiene sampling equipment
- Assists in the development and recommendation of appropriate remedial actions in response to unsafe conditions or practices
- Perform data entry related to industrial hygiene sampling campaigns
- Drafts appropriate reports and presentations for management
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Two (2) years of industry experience including relevant H&S and/or analytical experience (H&S examples: emergency response team, crew safety leader, safety committee member; Analytical examples: lab technician, sample collection, quality assurance / quality control), including one (1) year of experience as H&S technician, IH technician, laboratory technician, environmental technician, or closely related work; OR Associates degree in a related field and no experience.
- High School diploma or GED
Benefits & Compensation
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
The company provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits package offering health and welfare benefits, paid time off, retirement, and more. These benefits are available to you and your eligible dependents on your first day of employment. Some of your benefits are company paid, and you will pay a portion of other benefits. The company pays the greatest portion of your benefits, passing along only a fraction of the total cost to employees. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details Pay Range
$26.00 - $36.25/Hour
Rate of pay dependent on competency, experience, qualifications and skills
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Denver Job Segment:
Industrial Hygiene, Data Entry, Quality Assurance, QA, QC, Engineering, Administrative, Technology, Quality