Assist the Superintendent, Mass Excavation to organize and support the mass excavations required for two new world class block cave mines, especially in regards to executing of excavation engineering, planning and construction. Additional Responsibilities
1. Assist to communicate and control the company's safety, health and environmental policies and procedures implementation, in order to promote in all personnel, the awareness of safety and environmental issues especially when working in an underground environment.
2. Control and oversee necessary actions to maintain safe conditions in all areas of responsibility for worker safety and accident prevention. Demonstrate good safety practice in the field.
3. Ensure consistent and open communication between PTFI and contractor engineering personnel to ensure that there is a clear understanding on engineering design and operational considerations and on the effect of cost control and project management.
4. Assist the Superintendent to coordinate, prioritize, and control the allocation of resources, in order to achieve the UG Expansion targets in a safe, effective, efficient and timely manner.
5. Along with the Superintendent, monitor and control the implementation of the UG expansion short-term and long term-plans to ensure that they are executed according to the plans and procedures.
6. Assist to check, analyze and evaluate the progress of Underground (UG) Expansion short-term plan on a daily basis and take necessary actions to correct the operations plan management and/or prevent loss in accordance with DOME statutes or PTFI standards.
7. Establish and maintain business relationships with major internal departments, including: UG Engineering, UG Maintenance, Mill-Oreflow, UG Construction and the mine Deputy Technical Manager.
8. Transfer expertise and knowledge to all subordinates to improve national skills for underground mass excavations and any related operation work.
9. Make sure all mass excavations are mined online and on grade as per the design.
10. Work with and implement all geotechnical recommendation's and ensure all ground support is installed properly.
11. Work with the engineers to ensure all accessories are installed in sequence before handover to construction. Also work closely with the handover crews so all criteria has been met in order to handover to construction successfully. Qualifications
- Mining/Civil/Geotechnical Engineer qualification or ten (10) years of verifiable, practical experience in large underground mass excavations. Experience should include both technical and practical skills.
- Talent and willingness to share skill and knowledge with national field engineers.
- Familiar with the current state of advanced mining technologies for underground mining methods, including equipment and mining and ground support methods.
- Familiar with best practices in mass excavation and underground construction and operational activities.
- Understanding of the implementation of development and construction plans for new underground mines.
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and willing to learn Bahasa.
- Concern for Safety and Environment - An underlying drive to create a safe working environment and prevention of accidents in the surrounding environment.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Achievement oriented.
- Customer Service oriented.
- Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce.
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits : Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer
Geotechnical Engineering, Engineer, Geology, Project Manager, Engineering, Technology