This position will be used for technical support in all blasting activities at Grasberg and Underground (UG). Responsibilities of the position are to review current processes, implement changes along with training to improve on blasting processes and reduce damage/over break. Additional Responsibilities:
1. Ensure blast hole designs and charges meet design criteria and enforce the use of electronic detonators.
2. Review blasting practices in the UG development and production areas to ensure designs are accurate and processes meet industry best practices. Work with the group to remove stumps in UC blasting and overbreak in development drifting.
3. Review stope blasting in the Big Gossan Mine to reduce poor shots and ineffective blasting techniques.
4. Develop and implement training programs that improve blasting techniques and processes in the Grasberg and UG Mines.
5. Investigate the latest technologies in respect to blasting and ensure they are introduced to PTFI if they are applicable.
6. Provide oversight on blasting improvement projects in both the Grasberg and UG Mines.
7. Mentor blasting and development supervision to improve their understanding of the importance of proper blasting along with how to improve their results in blasting.
8. Develop and implement KPI's that measure blasting performance in the UG and Grasberg open pit.
9. Review the application of smooth wall drifting in the UG Mines to minimize overbreak and virgin rock damage.
10. Stay actively involved in designs for undercut blasting in the DOZ and use the experience to develop new methods for blasting the DMLZ and GBC undercuts.
11. Review the blasting techniques used in boreholes, ventilation raises and other vertical opening UG to minimize virgin rock damage.
12. Analyze and suggest improvements for secondary blasting techniques in the UG block cave mines.
13. Provide oversight for management of the Orica blasting contracts to make sure they meet contractual obligations and quality is of acceptable standards.
14. Understand and ensure that all Governmental and PTFI regulations, laws and procedures are followed and adhered to within the work areas.
15. Develop and socialize proper work procedures to ensure quality of workmanship, technically competent workmanship and safe workmanship.
16. Ensure adherence to standard PTFI safety programs. Fully participate in FRESH requirements and reporting programs. Further develop area specific safety programs that address risks in critical working areas.
17. Develop and implement new training programs that ensure skilled personnel are available at all times and have a thorough understanding of new equipment as it arrives.
18. Provide for socialization sessions that identify problems and work jointly to overcome them in order to improve performance.
19. Identify outside training and conference opportunities for PTFI employees that will improve their blasting knowledge.
20. Review the condition and use of equipment used for loading blasting agents in the UG and surface to ensure equipment meets regulations and is properly maintained.
21. Assist in monitoring KIMS card progress in the UG and Grasberg.
22. Review and change as needed safety processes as they relate to blasting in the UG and Grasberg. Qualifications
- Engineering degree with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in blasting techniques.
- Experience in managing contractors along with contractual understandings.
- Proven experience in blasting techniques across a wide range of variables.
- Experience in setting up performance systems, running projects and business management.
- Technical background with experience in blasting techniques.
- Computer literacy.
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and willing to learn Bahasa.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Managerial and leadership skills.
- Technical communication skills (written and oral).
- Teamwork, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Other PTFI mandatory skills.
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits : Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer
Technical Support, Engineer, Technology, Engineering