Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale in Canada. As a leader in the mining industry, our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities, and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland, and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.
Our Sudbury Operations have been in existence for more than 100 years. With five mines, a mill, a smelter, a refinery, and nearly 4,000 employees it is also one of the largest integrated mining complexes in the world. Sudbury is also home to several administrative sites serving both the Ontario Operations as well as all our North Atlantic Operations.Our Team:
The Utilities Department is a multidiscipline workforce including Electricians, Millwrights, and Instrumentation Technicians. The Power Engineer is an integral and, in many instances, the primary contact for the various internal and external work groups. The main commodities are steam, air, and water. Our goal is to provide uninterrupted services to the Surface Plants while ensuring everyone gets Home Safe.The Opportunity:
We are currently seeking a Supervisor, Services (Power Engineering – 3rd Class)
to join our Smelter Oxygen Plant in Sudbury, ON
This is a permanent
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday with the possibility of overtime on weekends or evenings.
In this position you will:
- Follow Vale’s Safety Policies, Programs, and Legislative Standards.\t
- Must be obsessed with safety and risk.\t
- Demonstrate open and transparent dialogue in all aspects of work.\t
- Work Collectively with peers and cross-functionally with colleagues in engineering, maintenance, and services to achieve the objectives of the plant.\t
- Support the Plant Manager in the development and management of the cost and capital expenditure budget.\t
- Execute the implementation of new management systems.\t
- Seek out opportunities for continuous improvements and lead or participate in teams to implement them.\t
- Utilize data collection systems to identify and implement change to reduce process variability.\t
- Ensure there is adherence to the Power Engineers Act.\t
- Provide Divisional month-end billing statements and facilitate plant access to Utilities billing data.
- Minimum Third-Class Power Engineering certificate is required.
- 8-10 years of Power Engineering experience.\t
- Oxygen Plant experience.
\tWhat we offer you:
- Operating Oxygen facilities (PRAXAIR Air Separation Unit, reciprocating compressors & boilers).\t
- Working in a control room monitoring complex processes and coordinating critical activities.\t
- Ability to prioritize assets maintenance to ensure plant reliability.\t
- Project experience – plan, organize, budget, and prioritize construction projects for the area of responsibility.\t
- Supervisory experience - Familiar with coordinating Power Engineers and maintenance resources to ensure uninterrupted services to internal customers.
The Supervisor is a management position that will allow the right candidate to shape our mining operations as well as a team of direct reports. Additionally, Vale Canada offers a series of benefits including:
\tDifference Makes All the Difference
- Competitive salary\t
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans, and optional insurances)\t
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top-up for maternity/parental)\t
- Flexible work arrangements\t
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth\t
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader\t
- Employee Family Assistance Program\t
- Online training and career development opportunities\t
- Opportunities to advise and oversee the design, budget, and construction of new mines and expansions
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.ApplyDeadline to Apply:
September 26th, 2022Pay Grade 17V