Newmont is the world's leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company's world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
We are seeking a Certified Electrician to join our Maintenance Team, reporting to the Electrical Supervisors.
- Provide maintenance support, repairs and modifications to all site electrical systems, components, facilities and equipment both on surface and underground to ensure reliable operation
- Ensure work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner and provide input directed at improving the safety, efficiency and overall effectiveness of the Electrical department
- Provide electrical construction, maintenance and repair support to Mill operations, Underground operations and all surface support facilities
- Provide installation support to the various construction initiatives both on surface and underground
- Participate in all aspects of maintenance shutdowns
- Provide input to maintenance and reliability improvement initiatives
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma required
- Certificate of Qualification - Construction and Maintenance Electrician in the Province of Ontario
- Certificate of Apprenticeship
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Ontario Electrical Safety Code, the M421-00 Electrical Mining Code and CSA Z462 Workplace Electrical Safety
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in a heavy industrial environment as a certified electrician, Mining experience an asset
- Hoisting plant experience an asset
- Desktop and CMMS computing literacy required
- Ability to lift, carry and push 50lbs
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- A continuing commitment to safety and teamwork
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, listening)
Working Conditions The work schedule for this position is 14 on, 14 days off, working 12-hour days.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont's values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont's workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont's request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.