Gold Fields - St Ives is currently seeking a Supervisor: Mechanical (Mobile) to join their Underground Mining Maintenance Team.
Reporting to the Coordinator: Mobile Maintenance, you will be responsible for the assignment and follow up of scheduled work and priority unplanned jobs. This role provides crew leadership, ensuring quality assurance and quality control (QAQC) while working within cost and equipment availability targets of the underground mining equipment is achieved.
This role is offered on an 8 days on, 6 days off roster and would require for the candidate to be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie. Benefits include:
About the role:
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance, 12% Retention Bonus
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Continual training and ability to expand your career
- Salary Sacrifice options
- Manage the day to day activities of the Underground Maintenance team in a cost effective and efficient manner, ensuring awareness of performance targets
- Ensure the activities of Underground Maintenance personnel are consistently aligned with the goal of meeting operational targets by conducting regular inspections and audits specifically checking compliance of established standards and procedures in relation to safety & production issues.
- Assist with development, implementation and monitoring of new maintenance procedures, processes and technology to ensure the safe and efficient operation of assets
- Ensure minimal disruption to production through the ready access to critical parts & equipment and service providers by developing and maintaining good working relationships with external companies and having contingency plans in place to source these at short notice if required.
- Provide ongoing leadership and mentoring for direct reports through effective use of the Performance Management System.
- Ensure organisational capability and a quality orientation by the utilisation of relevant reports using SAP or similar to monitor reliability, availability and cost effectiveness of all assets under control
Applications can be submitted via:
- C' Class Drivers Licence
- Exposure to Komatsu, CAT, Volvo, Normet and Sandvik underground mining equipment Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Recognised Trade Qualification with at least 3 years of experience in a leadership position within a mining environment, including performance development/Management
- Experience in using AMT, SAP, INX, Word and Excel programs, Exposure in ICAM investigation practises
- Knowledge and application mines safety and inspection regulations including classified plant obligations is essential
- Demonstration of working in a proactive planned maintenance environment with a drive for reliability Centred maintenance
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.