Northern Star Resources is the global gold growth company, with three large, high margin production centres exclusively in the tier one locations of Western Australia and Alaska, USA. Production guidance is 1.6 million ounces in the current financial year, before climbing to 2 million ounces by FY27. Current Reserves of 19Moz underpin long mine lives across the portfolio, with further upside from an enviable track record in exploration and discovery. Responsible and progressive ESG practices are integral to the Northern Star business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity at our Pogo operation for a Mine Surveyor/Survey Technician on a 15 days on, 13 days off schedule.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses,
- Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D insurance and other benefits such as 401k and paid leave
The Mine Surveyor reports to the Senior Mine Surveyor, and the primary role is to assist with the underground and surface mining operations, including surveying of designed drill holes, surveying of completed works and issuing accurate survey plans in a safe, effective and efficient manner. Duties include:
- Underground 3D as built surveys using total station equipment.
- Establish and maintain survey control points.
- Lay out azimuths, grade, dimensions for face blasting, grade and reference lines for long-hole slashing.
- Update and maintain survey drawings using Surpac, AutoCAD and Vulcan.
- Prepare end of month volume and footage reports using Surpac and Vulcan.
- Survey and calculate volumes for surface ore, waste, and aggregate stockpiles.
- Survey assistance for the development of mine plans and designs.
- Assist in the alignment of exploration drills for surface and underground.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Surveying experience or technical school preferred but not required.
- Underground hard rock experience preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Employee must have sufficient education to read and write instructions, perform simple mathematical calculations, and keep records.
- Ability to work unsupervised and display good problem-solving skills.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have good comprehension of safe operating procedures, safety rules, policies, emergency procedures, and MSHA requirements.
- Must pass a post offer physical and drug test, as well as a background check.
WORK SCHEDULE & ENVIRONMENT
Working a 15 days on, 13 days off, off rotating schedule of days and nights, up to 12 hours a day or more at a remote campsite. Extreme conditions, including but not limited to extreme and changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise, varying degrees of light and dark, in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
Employees are required to stay on site at the company provided camp during the work rotation. Camp facilities provide dining service, games room, exercise & weight room, sauna, and accommodation rooms. Dormitory rooms have a land line phone, internet & cable tv programs. Cell service is available when using Wi-Fi. The Company provides a bus service to and from Fairbanks, Delta Junction and Tok, Alaska.
JOINING NORTHERN STAR'S TEAM
Northern Star offer fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans' Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence. Candidates living in the Fairbanks North Star Borough, Delta and Tok regions will be given first consideration. Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.