angle-right Job no:
594862 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
As our Contract Manager for our Surfacing team, you will be based in Wellington and have the opportunity to effect real change! You will be capable of providing strong management of specific operations, delivering on contract requirements, optimizing resource use and achieving target results. You will also develop and implement plans and procedures to ensure the profitable and viable growth of all Contracts and achieve business plan promises, return on assets and cash requirements.About the role
As our Contract Manager, you will manage our plans and direct operations to achieve regional requirements. That means being the go-to for everything operational day and night as our crews can work both! Day to day, you will:
- Provide commercial reviews to optimise performance
- Analyse contract performance
- Induct and train new team members and be the go-to for people management
- Build up our client relationships
- Demonstrate sound technical capability in the specific area of surfacing and chip seal-related products, specifications and industry requirements
You'll need to have preferably five years managing surfacing contracts (both long and short term), and you'll have:
- A tertiary qualification, ideally in Business Management or Civil Engineering
- Extensive experience in road surfacing operations and managing crews
- Proven experience at delivering results in a commercially competitive environment where a focus on service and operational excellence is paramount
- Proven experience of HSE/QA in a commercial environment
- Understanding of financial and accounting processes, including preparation of progress and claim reports and producing and interpreting monthly financial reports to P&L level.
Ultimately you will be a natural leader focusing on customer relations to ensure the success of the contract. If you are an experienced Contract Engineer looking for that next step or an experienced Contract Manager wanting some stability, this could be the right role for you! Benefits
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.