angle-right Job no:
595041 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
New Plymouth Categories:
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions, the talents of our people, and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart. Our Transport Construction and Maintenance divisions are widely respected. They have a steady track record for delivering high work standards for our communities and offering our people opportunities for growth.About the job:
Based from the New Plymouth Depot, you will tackle a range of civil activities, primarily supporting projects constructing roads, drainage installations, large-scale retaining walls and various other civil projects.
You will operate diggers with the addition of rollers, trucks and other heavy machinery and work hands-on with tools. Machine control experience would prove beneficial.
This full-time, permanent role guarantees 40 hours of paid work per week. You will primarily operate over a Monday - Friday schedule. However, depending on the project, occasional weekend, night and away shifts may be required. About you:
With plenty of experience in civil works under your belt, you will be a reliable and dedicated team member. You'll ideally bring with you:
- A Class 1 licence (Class 2 licence with a WTR endorsement is beneficial)
- Experience using diggers, rollers and hand tools
- A positive outlook, friendly attitude, and willingness to flex to the work as and where required
If you don't have machine operation experience but have a keen interest in getting into the industry, we still want to hear from you as training can be offered for the right candidate. Why join Downer?
Take charge of this role and your machinery, and we'll reward you accordingly! This is a stable position, with project plans spanning into the distance. We can offer you:
- A competitive pay rate with uniform and PPE gear supplied
- Access to various corporate discounts and benefits, including insurance, counselling services, gym memberships and retail discounts etc.
- Coverage under the AWUNZ Central North Island Collective Agreement entitles you to penal rates, meal allowances and more!
- A supportive team environment where you're trusted and given the tools to deliver and excel in your career.