Exciting job opportunities. Bold lifestyle adventure. A culture of collaboration. Interested? Let's talk. Who we are:
Hudbay is a Canadian integrated mining company with operations, development properties and exploration activities across the Americas principally focused on the discovery, production and marketing of base and precious metals. The Opportunity:
Hudbay Minerals Inc. is seeking an experienced individual for an IT Business Systems Analyst position, located in Flin Flon, MB.
At Hudbay, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including pension, retiree benefits, and employee share purchase plan as well as profit sharing. Relocation packages and housing assistance is available to move you and your family to the vibrant community of Flin Flon, Manitoba.
This position is a Monday-Friday schedule, 8 hours a day. Please note that this opportunity is NOT a fly-in-fly-out position.
The IT Business Systems Analyst will act as an intermediary between business and systems teams, translating business objectives as well as functional and user requirements into business requirements documentation, including functional specification documents. They will also support the project team through the design, development, and testing phases, ensuring the system design and final product meets user requirements. Responsibilities:
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Improves systems by studying current practices and recommending modifications.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures.
- Functions as a project team member for any projects by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity and budget, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing help desk support, and training users.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- University degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or post-secondary accreditation applicable to the role. Practical experience may be an acceptable substitute.
- 3+ years experience as a Business Analyst in a project environment.
- Experience in a mining or natural resource environment or related environment.
- Experience with a current ERP system would be an asset. (Specifically, Hitachi Ellipse and/or SAP ECC or S4/HANA)
- SAP Experience, specifically Materials Management (MM) or SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) with Prometheus experience as a bonus
- Experience following SOX standards for change management process is an asset
- Proven experience in the software development process, requirements gathering, analyzing, testing, and promoting process improvement
- Experience working with ServiceNow or similar IT Service Management applications is preferred.
- Exceptional teamwork and facilitation experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication