Requisition ID:76364 Job Category:
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining , energy , and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff , with experience in over 150 countries , to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients with world-class project delivery from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies through our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Planner to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Brisbane.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies, to building, operating and closure of assets. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change – providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges. As the successful candidate, you will:
You will bring to the role:
- Provide project planning advice to the project team.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining project schedules in Primavera P6
- Monitor the critical path and report any issues impacting the critical path
- Work with project teams to ensure that schedule activities are accurately updated
- Provide progress reports in accordance with the project reporting calendar, including resource histograms, progress curves and current versus baseline comparisons
- Identify schedule slippage and provide mitigation strategies
- Engineering or Business degree or equivalent related experience
- Strong relevant post-graduate experience in a project environment with detailed knowledge of Planning
- Broad understanding of Design, Procurement, Construction, Estimating, and Cost Management functions
- Experience in multi-discipline execution projects environments from study to close out
- Broad business acumen including risk assessment and management
- Facilitation, negotiation skills and report writing skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated organisational skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritise, take direction, and provide direction to others ensuring the quality of deliverables
- Excellent safety awareness
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status, or alternatively, a Visa that entitles you to work in Australia.
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position. Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request. Job Segment:
Sustainability, Engineer, Project Manager, Procurement, Energy, Engineering, Technology, Operations