With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining , energy , and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff , with experience in over 150 countries , to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Hatch is seeking an intermediate mechanical designer for a growth and coordination role within the mechanical group. The successful candidate has 5-10 years of design experience and is comfortable organizing and coordinating design work on a project and within the discipline.
- Mentor junior and intermediate designers within discipline to promote team growth
- Understanding of constructability, design for safety and use of clash detection to assist in layout and designs
- Produce engineering drawings and 3D models
- Checking engineering drawings and 3D models
- Assist in proposals and estimates
- Oversee teams of designers, distributing work and ensuring model/drawing budgets and schedules are maintained
- Run model reviews internally and with clients
- Layout coordination in multi discipline teams
- Ensure internal quality standards are being followed
- Ensure client standards are being followed
- Interact directly with clients and third parties
- Diploma from a recognized college
- 5+ years of experience
- Understand and use current design tools and BIM software
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.Job Segment:
Geology, Engineer, Engineering