Requisition ID:82586Job Category:
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining , energy , and infrastructure ,our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe.With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Hatch, a full-service engineering consultancy, is currently seeking Controls and Automation Engineering Interns with the desire for a challenging career in the engineering consulting field. This is an excellent opportunity to acquire knowledge in power distribution systems, instrumentation and controls, switchgear, stand-by power systems, load and fault current calculations, power flow and short circuit analysis, SCADA and telemetry, lighting systems, and NEC code compliance.
Hatch’s Houston office is a center of innovation in digital technologies for power, automation, controls, communication, physical and cyber security, and smart city solutions. Our team consists of highly specialized electrical, communication and technology engineers focused on applying emerging technologies to critical infrastructure projects. This challenging position involves working as part of a highly specialized team focused on planning and design of electrical, automation and communications systems for water, transportation, and industrial projects.**NO relocation nor housing allowance. Local students preferred.Responsibilities:
- Assist Electrical Engineers in preparing engineering calculations such as load flow analysis and short circuit analysis.
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment procurement and construction contracts and write reports for power system studies such as arc flash analysis, protective device coordination, and transient stability studies.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of a cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Aptitude for working on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commitment to achieving engineering excellence.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to various practical problems.
- A desire to learn and continually develop.
- Strong personal commitment to safety.
- Previous Co-op or Internship experience an asset.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
[[req_postHashtag]] Nearest Major Market:
Houston Job Segment:
Sustainability, Power Systems, Electrical Engineering, Entry Level Engineer, Construction, Energy, Engineering