Requisition ID:81981Job Category:
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining , energy , and infrastructure ,our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe.With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking to enhance the start of your career? Hatchiscurrently seeking highly motivated Junior Mechanical/PipingEngineers graduating in 2023
to joinour Project Delivery Group (PDG)at our office in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Hatch PDG provides you with an opportunity to be part of an integrated engineering team which provides engineering services for projects within the USA Region and across the globe. Working closely with our senior engineers and designers, the Junior Mechanical/Piping Engineer will be an integral part of the team working on challenging projects.Thisposition will allow the candidate to directly apply and develop his or her knowledge in mechanical design, stress analysis and hydraulic system design, while developing new skills. The candidate will be exposed to the Hatch Digital Project Delivery program, which includes intelligent 3D modeling, data centric multi-discipline engineering, and integrated delivery models. Hatch also offers exposure to the latest calculation and analysis tools to support engineering completion. As project duties and responsibilities increase, the registration of the candidate as a professional engineer will further enhance the opportunities for their career.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges! *NO immigration sponsorship available for this position Asasuccessful candidate, you will:
You bring to the role:
- Perform Digital Project Delivery of Mechanical and Piping Engineering functions within multi-disciplinary teams across established and emerging industries and markets.
- Support site field visits to obtain information and data to support projects.
- Support equipment identification and selection activities, including sizing, layout, technical specifications, and vendor information reviews.
- Support piping system design activities, such as hydraulic analysis, piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID) development, material specification development, stress analysis, and layout.
- Support population of information and attributes into the data-centric project environment
- Interface with vendors throughout the design and procurement process
- Support direct interface with the client throughout the project duration
- Adhere to and promote the Hatch corporate safety culture.
Why join us?
- A recent graduate with up to 2 years of experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of a cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Excellent analytical, writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff, clients and vendors.
- Available to travel, as needed, to help support a global business.
What we offer you?
- Be a part of a flat, connected organization
- Building long-term relationships
- Engage with great people who make adifference
- Have an opportunity to act like an owner
- Living your commitments with integrity
- Flexible work environment.
* No immigration sponsorship is available for this position.*All applications must include an academic transcript (official or unofficial) to be considered for the position.
- Hatch offers competitive benefits package, competitive salary, and modern office facilities. The firm has an excellent 401(k) retirement plan, performance bonus plan, healthcare plan, and other generous benefits. The firm also takes great pride in an outstanding working environment with plenty of opportunity for growth
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
[[req_postHashtag]] Nearest Major Market:
Pittsburgh Job Segment:
Sustainability, Mechanical Engineer, Engineer, Instrumentation, Hydraulics, Energy, Engineering