Requisition ID:77493Job Category:
Los Angeles,CA,United States
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining , energy , and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff , with experience in over 150 countries , to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our expertise in infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Rail Vehicle Electrical Los Angeles , CA
In this role the ideal candidate is an electrical engineering professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment. Candidates must have knowledge of core electrical engineering concepts and have 2 or more years of engineering experience. As the successful candidate, you will:
- Hands-on engineering work with the commuter, subway, and Light Rail trains in the Los Angeles metropolitan area and elsewhere, including:
You bring to the role:
- Perform and/or witness tests and investigations of various train performance characteristics and on-board systems.
- Set up/utilize electrical measurement equipment – voltage/current sensors, pressure transducers, network analyzers, electrical data acquisition systems, etc.
- Develop technical specifications for the new and upgraded train equipment and systems and review designs.
- Participate in the new equipment qualification efforts at supplier facilities including functional testing, electrical performance, environmental, and electromagnetic compatibility.
The following skills/experience are a plus:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience.
- Knowledge of core electrical engineering concepts (analog/digital circuit design, power engineering, networking/telecommunications, AC/DC motor theory, control systems, and software development).
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Exposure to design and maintenance service for aircraft, marine vessels, off-highway vehicles, heavy construction machinery or equivalent complex computerized electro-mechanical systems are a plus.
- EIT status (passing the FE examination) is desirable but not required.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hatch is one of the nation's most respected consultants to the railroad and rail transit industries. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, offering attractive professional opportunities, and competitive compensation and benefits packages . Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume online.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.Nearest Major Market:
Los Angeles Job Segment:
Electrical Engineering, Construction, Electrical, Engineer, Testing, Engineering, Technology