Requisition ID:81161Job Category:
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining , energy , and infrastructure ,our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe.With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies.
Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges! Title:NG2023 - Mississauga - Electrical EIT Position Summary:
Hatch is seeking an Electrical Engineering new grad with interest in Electrical and Power system engineering in our Project Delivery Group. Reporting to the Electrical discipline lead Engineer, you will support projects globally working from our Mississauga office located with opportunities in other Hatch offices and at project job sites. What Will a Career at Hatch Offer You:
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways
- Work on challenging projects and problems and gain experience in the office and on project sites
- Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning daily
- Gain relevant experience and support in obtaining your professional designation
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs, Sustainability Week, Toastmasters, and more to develop your skills
- Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We are entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Work independently and as part of a team to complete electrical engineering design deliverables for a variety of projects.
- Prepare electrical deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Calculations (voltage drop, grounding, lighting, etc.)
- Engineering lists (load list, equipment list, cable and raceway schedules, material take-offs)
- Procurement packages (equipment specifications, technical bid evaluations, vendor data review)
- Power system modeling and design (ETAP, SKM, EasyPower, etc.),
- Design Deliverables (single line diagrams, electrical layouts, schematics)
- Become knowledgeable with electrical design and their practical applications, regional codes and standards (CSA, NEC, IEC, etc.), various engineering design tools and applications, and Hatch’s quality procedures.
- Work collaboratively in a multi-discipline environment to deliver the best solution for our clients.
- Assist our senior engineers and designers with their responsibilities including but not limited to checking engineering deliverables, attending design reviews, quality reviews, and participating in site inspections and walkdowns.
- Willing and able to travel to project sites (office and construction) including remote site locations.
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Must be working towards graduating in 2023, or recently graduated, with a Bachelor of Applied Science, Masters of Applied Science, or Masters of Engineering, from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering.
- Excel academically while being actively involved in extra-curricular and/or volunteer activities at school or in the community
- Interest in Power systems engineering, Power Electronics, distribution systems, protection and coordination, power system analysis will be considered an asset.
- Previous co-op or work experience in the electrical and power engineering design and execution will be considered an asset.
- Technical experience with electrical design calculations, power system modeling tools and software, ability to use data-centric design tools, and proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) will be preferred.
- Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
- Adapts and embraces change
For more information on our graduate recruiting process visit hatch.com/students Note: Applicants must submit a transcript (official or unofficial) upon application.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
[[req_postHashtag]] Job Segment:
Sustainability, Power Systems, Electrical Engineering, Electrical, Engineer, Energy, Engineering