Requisition ID:74526Job Category:
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining , energy , and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff , with experience in over 150 countries , to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients with world-class project delivery from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies through our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
The incumbent must have extensive management and site experience in the field of construction, supervision and progress monitoring of EHV (Extra High Voltage) Substations and Power Line projects. These projects must have operating voltages of 400 kV, as a minimum.
The candidate is required to have at least 15 years in the power utility sector or major construction industry, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field of substations and power lines as well as personal involvement and experience of at least three 400 kV projects.
The Candidate is required to have extensive knowledge of High Voltage Regulations and safety when working on such sites.
The incumbent will function in an onsite High Voltage construction and commissioning project environment, and as a result will also require strong electrical equipment installation and testing knowledge, specifically for the Site Acceptance Testing of EHV Equipment as well as Protection and Control plant. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE Qualifications
Experience and Competence
- NHD, B Tech or BSc (Eng)/B Eng Degree in Electrical Engineering (Essential/Minimum)
- Extensive knowledge of Operational High Voltage Regulations used by High Voltage Power Utilities. This includes demonstrable operational experience where candidate has worked as the authorized person, either issuing of High Voltage permits or as responsible person, responsible for taking permits and overseeing people working under the permit.
- Professional Registration, as either a Professional Engineer, Technologist or Technician, either presently or in the recent past in their country of residence. It is a project requirement that the R.E. be registered with the ECZ (Engineering Council of Zimbabwe). This will be facilitated and paid by Hatch.
KEY OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 10Years relevant experience in EHV substation projects. (Essential/Minimum)
- Site Experience on Power Utility (Transmission) project of at least 3 EHV Substations (220 kV and above essential)
- Site Experience in the construction of EHV Power Lines and EHV Power Line inspections (220 kV and above essential)
- Fully competent and knowledgeable in High Voltage Regulations (from permitting process, HV yard operations and most importantly HV yard Safety)
- Operational experience in the various aspects of High Voltage Operation, including the practical adherence and enforcing of the High Voltage regulations and safety.
- Experience in design reviews, HAZOP participation, functional control specification assessments.
- Experience in EHV Electrical Engineering and designs.
- Experience in EHV Power Plant and Transmission Powerline inspections.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Power Transformers and Shunt Reactors.
- Strong background of 330/400kV Extra High Voltage Switchgear and Disconnectors.
- Experience in EHV Electrical Engineering Power Plant and Control Plant functional operation and commissioning/testing.
- Protection and Control System Design Assessment for Power Utility Substation Environment.
- Familiar with Transformer, Feeder and Bus Protection for EHV Substations.
- Knowledge of modern substation metering, control (SCADA) and protection systems.
- Familiar with formal software engineering standards and approaches.
- Fully competent with computers and the various Microsoft Office packages and software tools required for day to day reporting and feedback as well as a working knowledge of Gantt Charts.
- Oversee, support and manage the Hatch substation and powerline site supervision team as directed by the Project Manager.
- Participate in site design discussion meetings, construction program meetings and provide inputs to operational implications, with Contractor and Client, pertaining the various substation and line project sites applicable to area.
- Provide some onsite consultancy support on automation, protection and electrical systems [the majority to be supported by Subject Matter Experts (SME’S)]
- Assess EPC end-user operations and maintenance support documentation and procedures in collaboration with Hatch SME’s
- Construction Monitoring for EHV Substations and EHV Power lines and various electrical systems.
- Installation supervision and commissioning.
- Assess EPC end-user operations and maintenance support documentation and procedures.
- Project deliverables imposed by the Project Manager, including planning and progress monitoring deliverables.
- Monthly Reporting on various project activities at various sites.
- Interfacing and working with others in a multi-disciplinary EPC projects.
- Interfacing with client and EPC on daily basis.
- Responsible for safety of all Hatch Site Personnel at the various project sites as well as Safety Assessment of EPC works and advising Client.
- Participate in design reviews of all equipment in the substation and line projects
- The role requires travel and residence at Clients’ various Zimbabwe work sites.
- Valid Passport and good physical health.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Displays and actively promotes behaviour aligned to Hatch’s goal of achieving a total safety culture by:
- Leading in investigation of all serious incidents reported and ensuring that all follow-up actions are carried out.
- Participating in audits of work areas.
- Attending all identified safety training.
- Acting as a mentor for the implementation of Hatch safety standards to contractors.
- Ensures governance on projects in compliance to Hatch and Client policies and procedures.
Mobilisation, Rotations & Contract Duration
- Carries clear responsibility and accountability for delivery of the project goals as set down by the client/project manager.
- RE No:1 will need to Mobilize to site (Zimbabwe) by end June/early July
- The rotation periods are currently set for 6 weeks on-site and 2 weeks off for Rest and Recuperation (however this may change due to COVID-19 movement requirements).
- Project duration is minimum 14 months but may be as long as 20 (has to be committed to full duration)
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
In order to consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information.
A law, known as the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA) provides that when one processes another's personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person's personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
In order to give effect to this right, we are under a duty to provide you with a number of details pertaining to the processing of your personal information. These details are housed under the HatchHR Processing Notice
which can be accessed and viewed on the Hatch website: https://www.hatch.com/About-Us/Privacy-Statement-South-Africa , whichHR Processing Notice
we request you kindly download and read.Job Segment:
Construction, Resident Engineer, High Voltage, Sustainability, Power Plant Operator, Engineering, Energy