Requisition ID:76481Job Category:
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining , energy , and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff , with experience in over 150 countries , to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our energy expertise in the oil and gas sector comprises the entire value chain - upstream, midstream, and downstream; and in the power sector includes thermal, nuclear, waterpower, renewable, hybrid, transmission and distribution, and grid modernization. Join our vision of a low-carbon world and help make positive change!As the successful candidate, you will:
Reporting to the head of the Smart Grid & Asset Management team.
The Asset Management Engineer, Electric Utilities (“Specialist”) will work within a multi-disciplinary team to support delivering projects and business development activities to grow the pipeline of asset management projects. This role can be based out of Vancouver or any Hatch office in Canada or USA.
As an accredited asset management assessor, and a corporate member of the International Association of Asset Management (IAM), Hatch is expanding activities in the Asset Management and Regulatory Advisory sector advising electric utilities on:
- Asset Management System development, refinement, and alignment with ISO5500X standards
- Asset health index formulation, condition assessment inspections & monitoring, and performance modelling
- Asset risk and mitigation planning, vulnerability assessments, and resiliency planning
- Asset custom failure curve development, damage assessments, and root cause investigations
- Regulatory support with Asset Management Plans (AMPs), DSPs, IRPs, load forecasting, and grid modernization technology business cases
Project Delivery Responsibilities may include:
- Solve challenging client problems that could include planning, business case development, implementation, monitoring, or assessments of any project scope referenced above.
- For smaller projects, the Specialist may become responsible for day-to-day project management functions, while also delivering on client expectations.
- For larger projects, the Specialist may lead smaller work packages or support the advancement and creation of project deliverables
- Deliver tasks in accordance with all applicable codes and standards, including all of Hatch’s policies and procedures, including Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance, & Quality Control
- Support the identification of potential partners such as vendors or niche specialists
- Work alongside and/or support delivery of projects from other Hatch teams, as applicable
Business Development Responsibilities may include:
You bring to the role:
- Leading and/or participation in Bib/NoBid discussions for potential opportunities
- Leading and/or supporting the creation of proposals, including methodology and level of effort estimates
- Create thought papers, abstracts, & white papers to expand market aware of the team & Hatch’s offerings
- Attending trade conferences and industry association meetings, as applicable
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant utility sector or utility consulting experience, with at least 2 years of experience with asset management / capital planning teams of an electric utility, or other industries with heavy utility-scale electric infrastructure
- Experience with asset management roadmaps and/or programs for electrical infrastructure
- Knowledge of the requirements within asset management standards ISO 55000, 55001, and 55002
- Familiar with asset management software tools such as Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and related investment planning decision support tools
- Experience with system optimized planning & utilization, asset evaluation & selection, development, asset GIS tagging & tracking, maintenance planning, and ultimate disposal or renewal of utility assets
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other applicable technical degree, preferably electrical
- The position requires a strong level of interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated asset management project delivery experience. A valid driver’s license and passport is required. Occasional domestic and international travel to client and site locations is required.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
[[req_postHashtag]] Job Segment:
Pipeline, Nuclear Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Manager, Architecture, Energy, Engineering, Management