Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Field Structural Engineer
to work at our gold mine construction project near Gogama, ON.
This position will be fly-in/fly-out , with rotations of 14 x 14 (12 hours per day) for a period of approximately 6 months.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Interface with the site structural and concrete contractor with respect to quality of work, and adherence to applicable codes, standards, design documents and schedules
- Respond to all technical queries on site and liaise with the home office design team
- Develop and maintain positive, sustainable client relationships
- Liaise with on site and off site vendors
- Coordinate and support home office for design changes
- Minimum of 10 years' relevant experience in mining construction projects, or similar heavy industrial construction
- Bachelor of Engineering - Structural
- Experience communicating with site subcontractors and vendors
- Experience in the following fields is preferable:
- Contract Management
- Quality assurance experience
- Quantity take-offs
- Weekly installed quantity reporting
- Structural steel, concrete and equipment settings
- Support & assist site team with RFIs and drive some of the decisions for required field modifications
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.