Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Junior Civil Designer on a 12 month contract position at our office in Bryanston
- Produce civil (concrete) drawings in accordance with accepted Engineering practice and company
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the company Health, Safety and
Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and
welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
Skills / Qualifications
- Production of drawings on time and within budget.
- Clarity and accuracy of drawings.
- Knowledge and adherence to CAD Procedures.
- Knowledge of and adherence to applicable standards and the company Drafting Procedures.
- Completion of error free drawings to sound engineering practices.
- Accurate completion and timely submission of timesheets.
- To actively pursue excellent Health, Safety and Environmental performance standards and to encourage
all staff to achieve or out perform the indicated HSE KPI's of the company
- Detailed design and production of civil drawings encompassing all aspects of a plant construction
package in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements.
- Timely completion of drawings to schedules.
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets.
- Adherence to company Standards and Procedures
- Multi-disciplinary drawing-office practice (N4 & N5) - preferable
- Other civil (concrete) draughting qualification.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years (concrete) design draughting experience.
- Familiar with relevant 2D & 3D CAD software.
- Broad knowledge of construction and operations.
- Good understanding of technology.
- Willing to learn
- Interest in concrete and reinforcing.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.