Overview / Responsibilities
Wood serves many of the world leaders in the mining industry. The company maintains mining offices across Canada, the USA and Australia, as well as in Santiago, Chile; Lima, Peru; and Johannesburg, South Africa .
We currently have an opportunity for a Principal Open Pit Mining Engineer.
This position is supporting our global Mining Consulting team and can be a remote/hybrid work sitation. This role will provide mine engineering and planning services, project management, and supervision of subordinates to support execution of open-pit mine projects.. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
For more than 60 years, WOOD has been developing some of the most challenging mining projects in the world. Our Mining & Metals business consists of more than 5,000 mining professionals delivering consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies from our mining centres of excellence in Australia, Canada, Chile, Peru, South Africa, UK and USA. Key Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide engineering and planning services to WOOD and clients as required.
- Serve as mining lead to manage projects (or parts of projects) to ensure that the work is completed on time, on budget, and in a manner consistent with WOOD and client quality standards.
- Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure all components of projects are well integrated.
- Make site visits to gather information, meet with clients, and/or monitor performance of work.
- Provide cost estimating and project scheduling support.
- Develop & maintain communication channels with clients, and internal WOOD personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly.
- Mentor and train more junior WOOD personnel so that they are prepared to take on additional roles and responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Identify opportunities to provide increased support to clients.
- Assist with proposal preparation.
- B.Sc. Mining Engineering
- Professional registration or ability to be registered in one year.
- 15 + years of experience in operations and engineering roles of increasing responsibility in the mining and consulting industry with focus on open pit mine planning.
- Experience in open pit operations with production rates exceeding 25,000 tonnes per day
- Knowledge of industry standards in mineral resource and mineral reserve estimation including CIM, JORC, CRISCO or SME guidelines and compliance with public disclosure regulations including Canada's NI 43-101
- Act as a qualified person (QP) for NI43-101 and S-K 1300 reports
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (second language skills are an advantage).
- Project and engineering management experience
- Budgeting, estimating, and scheduling experience
- Familiar with mine planning software such as Vulcan, Gemcom, Datamine, PCBC, or Mine 24D for underground projects.
- Familiar with mine scheduling software such as MS Project, iGantt, EPS, or P6.
- Willingness to travel.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.