Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Designer for the Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
- Produce electrical drawings in accordance with accepted Engineering practice and company drafting procedures
- Efficient production of electrical schematic, earthing,tacking,lighting, SLD design and estimating
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the company Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Detailed design and production of electrical drawings encompassing all aspects of a plant construction package in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements.
- Timely completion of electrical drawings and schedules
- Update of G.A's regularly with latest vendor data and drawing information
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets
- Induction and supervision of designers in the use of company standards and procedures
- Supervision of designers to ensure project design requirements are followed
- Inter-discipline drawing checking
- Coordination of drawing packages
- Timely transfer of information to other disciplines
- Development of company standards, drawing procedures, on-line systems and other tasks as agreed with the principal electrical engineer.
- Training of junior draughtsmen
- Support other disciplines / division
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or requisite experience
- Minimum of 10 years electrical design draughting experience of which at least 5 years are in the mining and mineral processing area
- Good understanding of electrical technology
- Experience with process plant design and layout
- Broad knowledge / experience in fabrication, construction and operations.
- Well-developed computer skills with a good knowledge of relevant CAD software and a working knowledge of relational databases and spreadsheets
- Good knowledge of company systems and previous projects (a minimum of 2 years exposure)
- Understanding of other discipline requirements
- Good checking skills, ability to work unsupervised, focus on task completion, initiative
- An open mind to new ideas / concepts
- Good understanding of project process
- Team management, leadership, motivational and organisational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills networking ability
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.