Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical & Instrument 3D Modeller for the Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
- Update the mechanical 3D model to include electrical and field instrumentation equipment.
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the Wood Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Review and intrepret E&I cable schedules and allocate cables to cable ladder/racks .
- Update the mechanical 3D model to show E&I equipment in accordance with project standards whilst maintaining segregation requirements. Equipment shall typically include cable ladder/racks, field panels, instrumentation, valves, lighting etc.
- Liaise with the respective senior designer to discuss / agree requirements and report progress.
- Prepare and modify (where required) 2D E&I layout drawings / drop-outs based on 3D model.
- Prepare Bill of Materials using 3D model and check cable lengths.
- Participate in model reviews.
- Liaise with other disciplines to agree routes, provide support and/or resolve clashes.
- Review Vendor / Supplier General Arrangement drawings to determine layout requirements.
- Inter-discipline drawing checking.
- Timely transfer of information to other disciplines.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or requisite experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience using AVEVA E3D and Navisworks Manage/Freedom or similar software package, preferably mining environment
- Well-developed computer skills with a good knowledge of relevant design software and a working knowledge of relational databases and excel spreadsheets.
- General understanding of electrical/Instrumentation technology.
- Experience with process plant design and layout.
- Understanding of other discipline requirements.
- Good checking skills, ability to work unsupervised, focus on task completion.
- An open mind to new ideas / concepts.
- Good understanding of project work flow.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.