Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Structural Intermediate Designer. Reporting to the Department Manager, Civil, Structural & Architectural, this position is located in our Saskatoon , SK office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
The Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents. Key Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide structural design, 3D modeling and drafting support for the construction or repair of industrial buildings, facilities and services
- Prepare drawings for structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and/or wood structures using AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Plant 3D and Advanced Steel, and/or Aveva E3D and/or PDMS, and/or Bentley ProStructures.
- Reviewing project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation against project standards and specifications
- Coordinate and work with project team members
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Technical diploma with experience in structural design and drafting
- 3D Design / drafting experience with advanced skills using one or more of the following design programs:
- AutoCAD Plant 3D and Advanced Steel
- Aveva E3D and/or PDMS
- Bentley ProStructures computer skills
- Solid understanding of structural and architectural engineering aspects of light to heavy industrial projects
- Experience working on mining and/or heavy industrial projects would be considered an asset
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.