HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Mine Maintenance Superintendent on behalf of one of Marathon Gold. The ideal candidate would have experience managing multiple contractors simultaneously as part of the operations team.
This position is at the project site, working on a 1 week in/1 week out rotation.
Marathon Gold Corporation (“Marathon” or the “Company”) is engaged in the exploration and development of the Valentine Gold Project (the “Project”) located in the central region of Newfoundland and Labrador. The Project is currently undergoing an environmental assessment and expects to make a construction decision in 2022. Once in production, it will be the largest gold mine in Atlantic Canada and a major employer in the province. Marathon is a public corporation (TSX:MOZ) headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with a regional office located in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL.
Additional corporate and Project information is available at www.marathon-gold.com
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Mine Maintenance Superintendent will be responsible for Mobile equipment execution - ensuring standards, policies, procedures, and maintenance strategies are developed and implemented. The incumbent will also be accountable for ensuring that all equipment performance targets and work management KPI’s are achieved within the constraints of the maintenance budget including quality control, safety, and the delegation of work while ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
You will provide leadership and direction to the mine department team through coaching, mentorship, and development with a focus on a safe and inclusive culture.
- Demonstrates leadership in Health, Safety and Environment through personal behaviors and conversations, and reports all Health, Safety and Environment incidents and participate in Health, Safety and Environment initiatives, reviews, and investigations.
- Establish and promote a respectful and healthy work environment at all times.
- Provide clear work objectives and expectations of the performance levels required to achieve business objectives and production goals.
- Manage performance by setting expectations, conducting performance reviews, and providing feedback and coaching to direct reports.
- Promote the principle of ownership, accountability, and mutual respect to the workforce and supervision.
- Ensure that training is provided to meet with the current and future needs of the mine.
- Ensure employees have the tools and systems in place to perform work safely and efficiently, and that they are developed to reach their full potential.
- Build an appropriate team through recruitment and development and implement succession plans for key employees.
- Coordinate the Mine Maintenance budget to achieve the annual plan and manage expenditure to within budget levels.
- Ensure all projects are effectively budgeted and monitored to within cost.
- Ensure reporting and recording requirements are maintained accurately and on time and that communication channels for relaying information to appropriate personnel are maintained and improved.
- Develop and maintain reliability focused maintenance documentation for each asset.
- Establish and maintain relationships with operations personnel to ensure a focused effort on the elimination of failure and the extension of machine life.
- Actively participate in the Asset Management department team to support and promote agreed decisions of the department. Ensure equipment is maintained to a standard to enable annual plan targets to be met, and the long-term integrity of assets are established through life of mine planning.
- Ensure the mine maintenance operates in accordance with applicable legislation and employment laws.
- Participate in strategic planning meetings.
- Set targets using information from the overall mine operating budget and business plan targets.
- Participate in the establishment of production targets and monitor their outcomes and address issues as they arise.
- Develop and meet overall safety, production, and cost targets.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams in setting the direction and establishing the short to long-term plans.
- Optimize operational assets and resources through continuous improvement.
- Initiate, develop, and implement mine maintenance policies and procedures.
- Ensure the necessary human capital and equipment is in place to meet production goals, within budgeted costs.
- Promote and maintain a high-performance culture throughout the operation.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Post second education in the Heavy Equipment Trade;
- Heavy Mechanic Red Seal Certification or equivalent is required;
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience, 5 of which at a leadership level, preferably in an open pit mining environment;
- Experience working in a remote work site is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
- Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental requirements at remote sites.
- Previous management of multiple contractors simultaneously as part of the operations team.
- Developing, coaching, and training coordination of all direct reports to help the team succeed.
- Proven success in large scale industrial projects.
- Ability to interpret engineering plans and offer sound technical expertise with regards to mine design.
- Knowledge of the OHS, mining, and construction regulations.
- Effective time management skills and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Good computer skills with competence using Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to influence and inspire others and manage cross-functional relationships.
- A valid driver license and a driver’s abstract.
Marathon Gold requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as per Health Canada guidelines.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.