Internal Strategy Senior Consultant (PACE) - Brisbane
- Work on Rio Tinto's top priorities and deliver lasting sustainable impact
- Gain exposure across different product groups and functions to rapidly gain depth and breadth of experience of all parts of the business
- Interact with senior leaders, and assist in managing key relationships
- Receive extensive training and development in leadership and consulting
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join our established team (PACE) of external management consultants and high potential internal members. PACE is an internal management consultancy embedded within Rio Tinto, with hubs in Montreal, Singapore, Perth and Brisbane. The PACE team is a diverse team of passionate problem solvers, with individuals who have joined from internal product group or function teams working alongside former management consultants who have joined from leading strategy consulting houses. including Rio Tinto established PACE to support the business in many areas where it has previously sought external management consulting expertise.
This is a great opportunity for a team player with extensive strategy consulting experience to work on high profile, diverse and challenging projects while enjoying a sustainable work life balance.
Reporting to the Senior Manager PACE Consulting, you will:
- Support PACE leaders to identify and scope consulting projects which create value for product group assets and functions
- Within small high performing teams (2-3), you will conduct analysis to determine potential solutions to specific business problems
- You will work closely with clients to ensure strong collaboration and build lasting relationships with the business
- Develop and present project findings that will deliver sustainable short and long term outcomes for Rio Tinto
What you will bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Substantial experience leading projects in a top-tier consulting firm; operational experience is highly regarded
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field. MBA desirable
- Good understanding of business improvement principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to exercise critical thinking and challenge pre-established conceptions across a range of project types, including strategy, transformation and business improvement
- Experience in conducting analysis, ensuring accurate and updated data from varying sources and interpreting complex results to find key opportunities
- Dynamic and adaptable individual who can operate in ambiguous environments
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Experience in mining industry (preferred but not required) with operational experience highly regarded
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP)
- Career development and education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
Where you will be working
Established in late 2017, PACE is Rio Tinto's internal management consulting ('PACE Consulting') that operates within the Group Finance function. It is comprised of a team of ~40 FTEs operating in each of our operating hubs (Perth, Brisbane and Montreal). PACE's purpose is to 'accelerate the creation of lasting value at Rio Tinto through our unique high impact delivery model'. At a fundamental level, PACE supports Rio Tinto to own and solve its critical business problems internally.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You'll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Apply today if you want to work in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.